Simplest iPhone 3GS Untethered Jailbreak Released (any bootrom), Can be Unlocked with ease!
There is not much to write about this time around (no PC or Mac limitation)! Jailbreaking is perfectly legal btw!
All you have to do is :
- Make sure your iPhone is activated. It is not possible without a valid iPhone SIM. If you don’t have one, we must wait until another tool is released.
- Make sure you sync your iPhone to iTunes. This is important, just in case you know!
- If your iPhone is activated, you are 60 seconds away from a jailbreak. Connect to WiFi and launch Safari on your iPhone.
- Type in ‘jailbreakme.com’ in Safari and swipe the ‘slide to jailbreak’ button.
- Sit back and watch the fun! It should all be over in few seconds/minute depending on your WiFi connection!
- Now launch Cydia and choose ‘user’ when prompted to choose user type.
- Search for ultrasn0w [with a zero] and install it. Reboot your iPhone and enjoy a jailbroken, unlocked iPhone 3GS!
Please donate to comex here!
Known issues (from @comex’s tweets):
- MMS/Facetime issues for some. You have to restore from backup to fix this issue. [This is now resolved! For those who are facing problems, update Cydia and reset network settings. For those who used it before the fix, chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library; chmod 755 /private/var/mobile/Library/Preference then Reset Network Settings should do]
- T-Mobile MMS issues : Adding http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ in Cydia and installing their package should fix MMS issues for T-Mobile users.
- If it hangs in the middle of the process at the purple screen, reboot your iPhone and try again.
p.s : I tested this on an iPhone 3GS 4.0 with the latest bootrom.