iPhone 4 was recently jailbroken and now it is unlocked too, thanks to the Dev Team. It cannot be easier, no PC/Mac required, only the internets!
All you need are the following :
- A Jailbroken iPhone 4 / 3GS,3G (it should be activated, that is a pre-req for online jailbreak)
- A WiFi connection
- That is pretty much it!
Step by step (best practices) :
- Launch Cydia and search for ultrasn0w [if not found, then add repo : repo666.ultrasn0w.com in Cydia]
- Install ultrasn0w and reboot your iPhone 4 when prompted. Turn 3G off (Settings -> Network -> Enable 3G -> Off) if you are using T-Mobile.
- Make sure you have SBSettings installed. If you don’t know what it is, just search for it in Cydia and install it.
- Search for SBSettings ultrasn0w toggle and install it.
- Launch SBSettings by swiping on date at the top on the homescreen and tap ‘more’ and ‘Set Toggles’. Make sure ultrasn0w is set to ‘on’.
- Now launch SBSettings and enable/disable ultrasn0w by tapping ultrasn0w toggle in one of the rows of icons. You have to enable it if you are using a SIM form a carrier who doesn’t officially provide an iPhone. Rest of the cases, just disable it. This saves memory and battery (however minuscule it is!)
Following are the iPhone baseband(s) that can be unlocked using ultrasn0w 1.0-1
- Apple iPhone 4 baseband 01.59
- Apple iPhone 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04
Recommended firmware : iOS 4.0 or iOS 4.0.1 depending on the activation status of your iPhone.
Mad props to Sherif_Hashim, Oranov and Dev Team for their efforts.