iPhone MobileSafari Auto Form Filler (1Password Bookmarklet): The Complete Guide with Screenshots
1Password has finally released this wonderful bookmarklet for the iPhone. You no longer need to type those long Usernames and difficult to guess passwords!! Everything is taken care-of by 1Password;a nifty Mac application to secure your online activity.
Let us waste no more time and jump to the internals of this entire setup. You need the following to work :
2) 1Password ($29.95, I have 2 copies from Macheist if anyone is interested)
Assuming you have 1Password from the recent Macheist bundle, let us configure the application on your Mac :
1) Launch 1Password -> Preferences and make sure the ‘include beta versions’ check box is checked as shown below.
2) Click on ‘File’ -> ‘Check for Updates’
3) Click on ‘Install Update’
4) Click on ‘File’ -> ‘Sync to iPhone’
5) Set up a pass-code when prompted. Make sure it is strong and short as you are going to enter it on your iPhone every time you access 1Password on your iPhone.
6) Now, connect the iPhone to your Mac and sync with iTunes (Make sure sync bookmarks is checked under info in iTunes).
You are done with configuring on your Mac, lets move on to the best part..
On the iPhone front :
1) Open a site (‘Chitika’ in this example) which you frequently visit! Assuming that you have the user/pass stored on your Mac for this site, click on the bookmarks icon on your iPhone.
2) Click on ‘1Password Login’. You should see a pop up asking you your access code you set up on your mac.
3) You have successfully saved some time typing in your user credentials!!
You can even search for the sites which have the user/pass stored in the bookmarklet as shown here. Just click on Bookmarks -> 1Password. (Not 1Password login).
You can even view a list of all the sites and the respective user credentials. You are asked for your passcode just to make sure only you can access the info!!
Check this detailed review from the developer himself!! Great work Dave!