Home » native apps, Ringtones

[APP RELEASE] Assign Ringtones on iPhone (1.1.4 Support)

11 March 2008 50 Comments

As the name suggests this app lets you make any song in your music library a ringtone. But the big thing is that it creates a ringtone right on the phone. You need to have BSD Subsystem installed to grab this app. Also for 1.1.3 (not 1.1.4), you will specially need to have SUID Lib Fix from installer. The app converts a song into a ringtone and automically alters the length to 30 secs (Apple’s Limitation)

The app works like this-

• Open the app.
  • Go to artists section.
  • Select a song you need to preview/ convert
  • Hit convert
  • Go to settings app and in sounds change the ringtone to the custom once you selected.
  • Voila! You have a custom tone now.
  • Official Repo- http://i.danstaface.net/

Developer’s contact information- eric AT jamendo.com

The latest version of the app is 1.2 and is personally tested by me on my 1.1.4 phone.

Screenshots-

• Ringtones » Blog Archive » [APP RELEASE] RINGTONES said:

[...] larrym wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptAs the name suggests this app lets you make any song in your music library a ringtone. But the big thing is that it creates a ringtone right on the phone. You need to have BSD Subsystem installed to grab this app. … [...]

• Dean said:

Can’t seem to find this app anywhere.

• twistyiphoney said:

add this repo- http://i.danstaface.net/ to your installer sources and then go to all packages and install Ringtones (version 1.3) from there. it should be there definitely. i have it installed from there on my phone. :)

• twistyiphoney said:

2.0 is the latest

• Mac said:

I have tried it, but it converts just a few first seconds of a song…

• Dean said:

ahhh, ok thank you for the info. : )

• twistyiphoney said:

it’s meant for cutting the song into 30 second and then converting because of apple’s restrictions.

• Mac said:

For me it converts just first 2-3 seconds (two-three – not 30).
      I have the BSD subsystem 2.1 – what are the other requirements?

• twistyiphoney said:

if you are on 1.1.3, you need the SUID Lib Fix

• [UPDATE] Ringtones 2.1 | iLikeMyiPhone.com said:

[...] Ringtones has been updated to version 2.1 with some great new features. The Main Screen now consists of link [...]

• Mac said:

I’m on 1.1.4…

• twistyiphoney said:

hey,
      try version 2.1.
      thanks

• anjel said:

Jamden wont work with my 1.1.4, it never really converts into a tone…

• Mac said:

unfortunatelly I have to confirm – it does NOT work at all…… :(((((

• twistyiphoney said:

hey,
      try version 2.73
      thanks

• bicho said:

super bien comprovado instale dos cosas ke dices en tu tutorial y el programa y listo tengo mis tonos iphone 1.1.4 gracias y saludos

• Geblek said:

2.7.3 with 1.1.4 works nicely; Mac you better try it again :)))))))))

• Lane said:

Latest Version works on my iPhone 1.1.4 jailbroken with iPlus PERFECTLY!!!! I recored names, and assign them to their counterparts so I know who’s calling when I hear it rather than having to pick up phone and see who’s calling. Great little app!!!!

Faslane

• Mac said:

yes, now I can confirm – the latest version works on 1.1.4 :)

• liratium said:

Mac says:
      yes, now I can confirm – the latest version works on 1.1.4

what did you do exactly????

I just installed the new version of sendsong but still I have the ringtone on my ringtones list but it doesn’t work !!!!!!!!!!!

Would you please explain how that worked out for you?

• Kiran said:

liratium : Please read the article above! It is a different app, sendsong is passe… Use Ringtones app as described in the post!

• James said:

For some reason the ring is super quiet. even with the volume full.
      Any ideas?

• kiran said:

You might want to reset all settings on your iPhone or restart your iPhone, make sure all the volume controls are maxed and lastly ‘ the song should have good volume’… mileage varies…

• Daniel said:

I am running 1.1.4 and I’m having trouble getting this to work. it builds and converts, and I can preview it all the way through until the end when it gives you the choice to either keep it or close and it just won’t play. Any ideas? Thanks guys (Sweet app otherwise)

• Bolivar Aquino said:

hey, i’m having this problem bro. I have the latest version 2.8 and i get to the point that I select “set as default ringtone, and the ringtone doenst even comes up on my Ringtones. Whats going on?

• Hesham said:

Currently i had created ring tone on itunes but i cant see the custom section under sound what should i do to see it

• Donte said:

need help have 1.1.4 ringtones not showing up

• saengerknabe said:

Dose not realy work, i dont know why – have third time reinstalled my iphone,beneeth other action. a lot of work !!! and it would nt work – please help!!!! have a updatet (iliberty) 1.1.4 firmware 04.04.05_G and latest itunes-version 7.6.2 (9)

• Kiran said:

will try when home and let you know!

• cdhernitson said:

guys use sendsong i just installed and all of my music was able to be converted on my phone!!! I went and checked sounds and the custom ringtones finally showed up

• Judea said:

I’m having some problems, please please help!!!

i have an unlocked 1.1.4 tmobile iphone, and i’m trying to install the Ringtonne pakage but i keep getting an “pakage download failed” error message. what can i do ???

• kiran said:

Hi! Firstly, click on install and then clear queue. And then try again. Check if any other application fails too. make sure you try connecting via WiFi just in case.

PhoneZap is very good too if its an issue only with this application.

• ali said:

I’m on 1.1.4 ..does anyone have any idea why all the ringtones I create sound like theyre on fast forward? I’ve tried not messing with any settings when I edit/create to see if that’d fix the prob, but I still get chipmunk sounds! Eeeek…

• Sasha said:

hey where i can download this ??

• free said:

I am actually happy to read this blog posts which consists
      of tons of useful information, thanks for providing such statistics.

• best used family car said:

You on Facebook or Google+? Don’t want to miss your next blogs

• scrapping a car for money said:

The design is perfect. Boy, does it make a massive difference
      when scanning a blog. You’ve got me returning for You’ve definitely
      got my seal of approval.

• how much is my car worth sussex said:

Woah. cheers for sharing!

• Nancee said:

Your blogsite design is a real gem. This makes a huge difference when spending time
      on a blog. You’ve got me coming back for You’ve definitely got
      my seal of approval.

• Buy 100 day Challenge said:

Think oof the site as a socil networking goal 100 day challenge booik tracker.
      Depending on other people’s actions in order to achieve your goal.

If you do not achieve them, check howcommitted you are to rach your goals regardless of howw many people really understand the proess
      of thinking through the goal. This means to think about what we hope to achieve in your life?
      Employee B struggles to make 40% of his/her $1MM sales goal for the year and then
      in your mind to.

• Igloo Marine Cooler Amazon said:

Lake marine fishing cooler of the Woods, and some people suspect it is ready.
      Trot-lining for channel cats you may marine fishing cooler want to purchase used equipment.
      Tying a good knot in the spool on occasions. Some single people like
      to fish or what fish are in the middle of a hot August afternoon.
      Trout in this pond are beautiful!

• auto trade In value said:

If you are going for most excellent contents
      like me, simply visit this website everyday because it offers feature contents, thanks

• cash vehicles milton keynes said:

Amazing point. Couldn’t agree more.

• Galtech Uk said:

Another reason that this is such a polpular
      choice for a home patio gazebo iis because there are so many different living areas where all of our family and friends.

No more people entertain guests in living rooms, especially on aluminum galtech patio umbrella reviews models.
      Even though tthere are a lot of attention to the overall design, shades and designs depending on tthe grade and design.

My page Galtech Uk

• Jamila said:

Hello friends, how is everything, and what you want to say on the topic of this

post, in my view its truly amazing designed for me.

• uchome.gx5.cc said:

This is because so much pressure is applied
      to the balls with each and. The most desirable tennis racket to try to find, or the “holy grail” so to speak, would be the early fish-tail
      rackets. One project that you’ll love is to take a tennis racquet and turn it into a nice wall mirror.

• best self tanning lotion uk said:

Dark sunsation self tanning lotion has botanical extracts, which improve the quality of your skin while offering you a dark
      natural looking tan. You also have to be at ease
      in your dress, able to glide down the aisle in it & look comfortable all
      day long. A tanning solution provides the right kind of solution which is always extremely helpful
      in showing the best kind of effect on your face.

Feel free to visit my homepage; best self tanning lotion uk

• social media marketing major said:

Make sure the content is grammatically perfect, has a simple and easy to understand style,
      entices the reader, and remains grounded in facts instead
      of hyperbole. Through a process of analyzing the inbound links into
      your site, you can see if they look legitimate or not, and if
      they are not then you can tell Google not to count them.
      SEO (search engine optimization) is a term that is freely bandied about by
      people who like to make the art of internet marketing seem mysterious.

Feel free to visit my website – social media marketing major

• dunnage movie box office said:

It is defined as the lowering of the core body temperature.
      Wherever you go, different rules may apply, and some of them will be regional only.

Another important application of second law of thermodynamics is found in refrigerators and heat pumps, which are
      based on the principle of reversed Carnot cycle or reversed Carnot theorem.

My web page :: dunnage movie box office