Home » 3GS, Hacktivate, purplera1n, unlock

How to Hacktivate your iPhone 3GS after Geohot’s Purplera1n (Jailbreak,Unlock)

4 July 2009 67 Comments

So you used purplera1n and jailbroke your iPhone 3GS but you still see the emergency screen huh? We just have to hacktivate your iPhone and then we can unlock your iPhone using ultrasn0w!

Lets get started :

1) Make sure you used purplera1n and jailbroke your iPhone 3GS. If you see the Emergency calls screen, you may follow the next few steps.

2) Download this lockdownd file.

3) Download iPhoneBroswer for Windows. You may try PhoneView for your Mac.

4) Launch iPhoneBrowser and navigate to usr/libexec folder as shown in the picture below. (If you don’t see the following screen, that means your iPhone is not jailbroken yet. You may try plugging back your iPhone to your computer. If that doesn’t work, it is time to run purplera1n again.)

screenshot 34

5) Drag and drop the lockdownd file downloaded at step 2 into libexec folder. (We are just replacing the lockdownd file required for hacktivation!)

6) Reboot your iPhone and wait for your iPhone to hacktivate!

7) Turn WiFi on and Launch Freeze app and install Cydia.

8) You may then follow this unlock guide to unlock your iPhone 3GS!

You should be all set to enjoy your iPhone 3GS in its full glory!

courtesy : Thanks to Lukas and iPhonejtag,blogspot.com..

• Dev Team --- Why wait any longer ? - Page 2 - Hackint0sh said:

[...] made a guide if anyone is interested : How to Hacktivate your iPhone 3GS after Geohot’s Purplera1n (Jailbreak,Unlock) | iLikeMyiPhone __________________ —————————————— http://iLikeMyiPhone [...]

• Humpoy671 said:

I just want to let you guys know that I am very thankful that you guys provide these kinds of informations.

After installing cydia, I downloaded all the apps in my iphone 3G S the same in my iPhone 3G. But after the installations, my iPhone 3G S started crashing and going to safe mode randomly. I couldn’t do anything but to restore it. After the restoration process my iPhone 3G S was stuck in activation mode. Thanks to your info in how to hachtivate the 3G S, now I’m back in business.

To all 3G S owners, just a reminder that not all in cydias apps are working on the 3G S yet. We’re just gonna have to wait for Saurik to update his apps to be compatible with 3G S.

Thanks again guys!!!!!

• harakis said:

Just do the same process 2 or 3 times and it will come right

• kkiran (author) said:

Yep, that's what happened with RC2…

Sent from my iPhone

• Tue said:

Hi!

I have an iPhone 3GS.
    I jailbroke it using purplera1n.

I followed your guide and replaced the lockdownd file using PhoneVIew.
    Now when it boots up it freezes with the Apple logo and the white waiting wheel on top.

The phone is no longer recognized by my Mac og PC and I can't seem to get it into recovery mode either.

Any suggestions?

• kkiran (author) said:

Hi! You will have to restore to iPhone 3.0 via iTunes. Put it in restore mode (recovery) using this guide : http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/2009/07/04/how-to-ge

Then, jailbreak using purplera1n and replace lockdownd using iphonebrowser.

• Tue said:

Thanks for the advice. I got it back into recovery mode and did a restore. Then i used purplera1n to jailbreak it again. Copied the lockdownd file again.

But the same thing keeps happening. It freezes at the Apple logo with the wheel on top and then reboots after libg while. This keeps happening untill I put it into recovery mode and do a restore.

Can it be that this particular lockdownd file does't work with my iPhone?

• kkiran (author) said:

I sent you another lockdownd file. Hope it works.

• Bluecuty said:

You tube , is not working , any fix

• kkiran (author) said:

Try MxTube from Cydia for now while I post a fix…

• Bluecuty said:

Thanks, MxTube works , …I do not have O2 sim so i have used Locdwond to activate.
    I guess that YouTube issue casued by not activating by orginal sim card. witing for your fix…many thanks

• Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3GS using PurpleRa1n by Geohot – Simplest Jailbreak tool ever for Windows and Mac! | iLikeMyiPhone said:

[...] If your iPhone is still showing ‘Emergency Calls’ screen, you will have to hackitvate your iPhone 3GS before you can install Cydia and Unlock your [...]

• Ankit said:

hi kkiran. cheers for the guide!

one question – does it matter what service providers sim card is present in the phone with respect to the particular lockdownd file you've linked? are there different lockdownd files for different service providers?

i have an unlocked 3gs and am scared about how i will hacktivate if something happens to it..

• juan Felipe Escobar said:

hi can you send me another lockdown please, my phone also freezes in the boot screen.

• Bluecity said:

locdownd file..http://www.slingfile.com/file/3NvN4nwnb9

• kkiran (author) said:

Why is this file less than 300 kb?

Sent from my iPhone

• kkiran (author) said:

The lockdownd file on this page should work. chmod 755 it…

Sent from my iPhone

• Kiran (author) said:

The lockdownd file here should do the trick. You should have AT&T sim though.Sent from my iPhone

• kkiran (author) said:

Which country are you in and who is the cellular carrier?

Sent from my iPhone

• unsupported SIM in itunes? - Hackint0sh said:

[...] How to fix unsuupoted Sim in itunes How to Hacktivate your iPhone 3GS after Geohot’s Purplera1n (Jailbreak,Unlock) | iLikeMyiPhone [...]

• Ankit said:

Why should I have an AT&T sim? Isnt the whole point of hacktivating because I'm trying to use my 3gs on a different service provider?

• David said:

which lockdownd file should I use if I want to use the 3gs in Denmark with TDC Mobil as carrier?

• Alexey said:

I have tried several lockdownd files but with no success. Every time repeats Apple logo with freezed spinball. My 3gs is from France, perhaps Orange. Does anybody have Orange lockdownd?

• iPhone 3Gs Jailbreak - Pagina 12 - iPhone Forum - alles over de Apple iPhone, iPhone 3G en iPhone 3GS said:

[...] geplaatst door SoundForge Kijk eens hier. Succes! [...]

• BLUECITY said:

it is 611 KB , after you unzip it.

• The Iphone Spot said:

[...] Via ilikemyiphone.com [...]

• juan Felipe Escobar said:

I'm in the US. and I used t-mobile. I actually used the lockdown file from my 2G unlocked/hacktivated/jailbroken iphone and I used it to replace the Iphone 3GS original, and I rebooted with T-mobile sim card the whole time. Everything seems to work at perfection, even unlocked the phone but cannot get original Youtube to work. Let me know when you get a fix I'm using MXtube for the moment.

• Alexey said:

You should use Push Fix for YouTube get working. This fix install security certificates also needed for YouTube. To install you need to have a Cydia. You should add a repository http://cydia.iphoneil.net and try to search for Push Fix next. Good luck and thank you for comment about your current lockdownd from 2g :)

• [Question] How to jailbreak non activated 3GS? - Hackint0sh said:

[...] be activated. How to Hacktivate your iPhone 3GS after Geohot’s Purplera1n (Jailbreak,Unlock) How to Hacktivate your iPhone 3GS after Geohot’s Purplera1n (Jailbreak,Unlock) | iLikeMyiPhone Last edited by xtronic; Yesterday at 01:47 [...]

• Jailbreak, Activate and Unlock your iPhone 3GS Dev Team Style – Download redsn0w for Mac, Windows, Linux! « Gaming Masterz said:

[...] click and jailbreak application available for both Windows and Macs. Some were having issues with hacktivating their iPhones using Geohot’s jailbreak. They may resort to redsn0w posted on this page for better [...]

• adewale said:

Please help me i initially use purple rain1 and my iphone 3g s work fine untill 2 days ago all hell broke loose…..Now i use the latest downloaded and i have lost my WIRELESS……NETWORK…IMEI…..ICCID….cant use my phone NOW

***
    INFO: welcome to purplera1n for windows
    INFO: loaded dll at C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbiniTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO: button clicked
    INFO: internal recovery callback called
    INFO: unregistered normal mode callback
    INFO: go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: said hi
    INFO: sent exp1
    INFO: uploading payload
    INFO: usb file is \?USB#VID_05AC&PID_1281#CPID:8920_CPRV:14_CPFM:03_SCEP:02_BDID:00_ECID:0000030B4A051D4F_IBFL:01_SRNM:[879240BL3NR]#{ED82A167-D61A-4AF6-9AB6-11E52236C576}IB0000
    INFO: running the geohot command
    INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
    WARN: wtf who called this?
    INFO: global callback finished
    ***
    INFO: welcome to purplera1n for windows
    INFO: button clicked
    INFO: callbacks registered
    INFO: internal recovery callback called
    INFO: unregistered normal mode callback
    INFO: go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: said hi
    INFO: sent exp1
    INFO: uploading payload
    ERROR: usb send file failed 1
    ERROR: payload upload failed
    WARN: wtf who called this?
    INFO: global callback finished
    INFO: go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: said hi
    INFO: sent exp1
    INFO: uploading payload
    INFO: running the geohot command
    INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
    WARN: wtf who called this?
    INFO: global callback finished
    INFO: go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: said hi
    INFO: sent exp1
    INFO: uploading payload
    INFO: running the geohot command
    INFO: I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
    WARN: wtf who called this?
    INFO: global callback finished
    INFO: unused callback called

• adewale said:

am using vista and itune 8.2.1…firmware 3.0

• kkiran (author) said:

So you updated to 3.0.1 huh? Purplera1n doesn't work with 3.0.1..

Use redsn0w and jailbreak… ultrasn0w to unlock!

Sent from my iPhone

• adewale said:

Please help me i initially use purple rain1 and my iphone 3g s work fine untill 2 days ago all hell broke loose…..Now i use the latest download Purplera1n RC2 and i have lost my WIRELESS……NETWORK…IMEI…..ICCID….cant use my phone NOW

• adewale said:

hi thanks…..the firmware is 3.0……but still no iCCID, NO Bluetooth…..no wifi…pls help

• kkiran said:

Hi! The best I could suggest you at this time is :

1) Update to 3.0.1 using iTunes
    2) Jailbreak using redsn0w

You should be all set!

• adewale said:

tried to up upgrade but its given error 23…..any idea

• kkiran (author) said:

Keep it in restore mode and then update to 3.0.1 using itunes….

• Ozl said:

Update your iTunes, it worked fine for me!

• john said:

omg! I have changed the /usr/libexec/lockdownd by the one downloaded here, and now my iPhone 3GS is in the (pin)apple logo loop… i'm unable to access to the iPhone filesystem, because the "phoneview" or the iPhoneBrowser don't detect it, so i can't put the original file back again… And also, i'm unable to restore to any version ( 3.0 o 3.1.2, pwned or original ) neither in DFU or restore mode ( error 23 o error 1006 ).
    I have tried to use the iRecovery tool, blackra1n RC2 unsuccessfully…

Please help meeeeee!!!
    Thanks

• iLikeMyiPhone (author) said:

When you say you cannot restore to any version – what is the error you get? Cos' any iPhpne should be able to be restored to factory stock firmware. Only 3.1.2 firmware can be restored cos' it is 3GS and firmware files need to be signed…

• john said:

i get error 23… here is a log from iTunes when i try to restore with the 3.1.2 firmware original from apple:

2009-11-02 08:33:38.222 iTunes.exe[4208:13d8]: iBoot build-version = iBoot-636.66
    2009-11-02 08:33:38.224 iTunes.exe[4208:13d8]: iBoot build-style = RELEASE
    2009-11-02 08:33:38.224 iTunes.exe[4208:13d8]: <Recovery Mode Device 065079C2>: operation 44 progress -1
    2009-11-02 08:33:38.226 iTunes.exe[4208:13d8]: radio-error = 512
    2009-11-02 08:33:38.228 iTunes.exe[4208:13d8]: radio-error-string = 'Communication failure'
    2009-11-02 08:33:38.228 iTunes.exe[4208:13d8]: fatal recovery mode radio error
    2009-11-02 08:33:40.342 iTunes.exe[4208:f14]: iTunes: Restore error 23

• iLikeMyiPhone (author) said:

I never really came across this error myself. Did you try the DFU mode or Restore mode? Strange case but I will try my best to help you out here.. Challenges are fun :)

• john said:

i'm pretty sure that I've been trying DFU mode and Restore mode with the same results… I've been "googleing" to find a solution for the "error 23", and the most common answer is that's a hardware problem… but I think that is more a baseband corrupted problem… i waiting for the geohot's new tool to see if it helps…
    Anyway, if you wanna help me, i will do any test you want…
    I truly appreciate your time and effort!!!!

• iLikeMyiPhone (author) said:

If you are positive about a hardware issue, Apple will be more than happy to replace it for you!

Looks like it may be a hardware issue in your computer… Why don't you give it a go at your friend's pc or a different laptop/computer?

• john said:

the problem is that this iphone has the pinapple logo al boot, so Apple wouldn't take care about it…

i've tried with 3 different computers and cables… different itunes versions… no success…

i'm looking for, at least, the way to change the boot logo in dfu or recovery mode without using iTunes… any ideas?

• iLikeMyiPhone (author) said:

Never encountered such an issue :( I don't think we can change the boot logo without atleast SSH or root access. I would try with a Mac as a last resort or Geo's new blackra1n….

• elliottj101 said:

Is there a way of doing this if im on 3.1.3 with an iphone 3gs (new bootrom) and have only ever had a tethered jailbreak?

• kkiran (author) said:

Doing what? Jailbreak? Only blackra1n can help you…

• HKJ said:

hey my iphone's stuck on the apple logo after copying… plz help!!
    im on 3G S, firmware 4.0.2, and Vista

• Pedro said:

Sorry for the newbie question, but, is this still valid for 3GS version 4.2.1 new bootrom?

Thanks for any answer

• Derrick said:

I used spiritjb for my 3GS when I got it.. Google it. Hope this helps. :)

• Sunil Here said:

DON'T TRY THIS. THIS IS A CHEATING!!!
    after doing this my Iphone is hanging on the apple logo while rebooting.

SOMEBODY HELP !

• Purplera1n: джейлбрейк и разлочка iPhone 3GS « mac03.ru said:

[...] решение проблемы с нестабильной сетью и kkiran за инструкцию, которая решает проблему активации части [...]

• Purplera1n: джейлбрейк и разлочка iPhone 3GS « mac03.ru said:

• inspiretoodesign.blogspot.co.uk said:

Even worse every second person who decides to make an income
    selling Products and services through the internet.
    Promoting and advertising your online advertising is
    crucial to online advertising. Working with anis one way you can.
    If you learn how to incorporate these two strategies and fuse them together, you will need 2 domains paid product/Blog and a hosting account.

My blog post :: ims media marketing (inspiretoodesign.blogspot.co.uk)

• arturosejkora.soup.io said:

Always register your ideas as you go. Please contact
    us today for a FREE specification or quotation on our services for any forthcoming web design,
    web application development, web development, has almost instantly popped up out of thin
    air. Twitter is another extremely popular method
    to perform Web Development. There is a little bit of work, but do not
    limit yourself on using only these techniques. Dare to become the first choice
    of these searching machines.

Visit my web site – fluid marketing scam (arturosejkora.soup.io)

• Bypass iCloud Activation IOS 7 said:

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on various websites
    for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

• How the Bypass iCloud Activation Lock said:

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful.
    I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the
    way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you
    still take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you.
    This is actually a terrific website.

• Bypass Activation IOS 7 said:

I am sure this piece of writing has touched
    all the internet viewers, its really really pleasant paragraph on building up new weblog.

• Gidget said:

Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog
    and wished to say that I have really loved surfing around your weblog posts.
    After all I’ll be subscribing in your feed and I’m hoping you write again soon!

• clash of clans hack tool v3.1 password said:

May I just say what a comfort to find a person that really knows what they’re talking about on the
    internet. You actually understand how to bring an issue to
    light and make it important. More and more people have to check this out and understand this side of the story.

I was surprised that you’re not more popular since you most certainly possess the gift.

Check out my web-site clash of clans hack tool v3.1 password

• how to choose a personal injury attorney said:

I must thank you for the ecforts you’ve put in penning this blog.

I am hoping to see the sam high-grade content by you later on as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get myy own, personal blog now ;)

My web site – how to choose a personal injury attorney

• whatsapp hacken said:

Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Finding the time and actual

effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I put things off a

whole lot and don’t manage to get anything done.

My page :: whatsapp hacken