Home » 3.1, 3G, Custom Firmware, iPhone 2G 3.1, iPhone 3G 3.1, Unlock 3.1

Download Custom Firmware ipsw files for iPhone 2G, 3G 3.1 [Windows/Mac] , Error 1600 Solution Updated

15 September 2009 238 Comments

iPhone 3.0 Jailbreak Unlock

UPDATE : If you get a 1600 error while trying to restore to a custom firmware here, try this.

iPhone 2G and 3G users can now safely update to 3.1 firmware without updating the baseband (for unlock). If you are not the one to download all the various files and just want the ultimate result, these files are waiting for you to download! If you rather want to start from scratch, download Pwnage 3.1 tool for Mac.

• Caution #1 : Please proceed further only if you have an iPhone 2G/3G. iPhone 3GS files can be downloaded here.
  • Caution #2 : A restore is going to wipe the iPhone clean. Hence, please backup your iPhone using iTunes and then proceed.

More info about these custom firmware files : Has factory boot logos (Apple and restore cable), Only Cydia, No Icy, Default root partition…

Step 1a) Download Files for iPhone 2G (Please read the following carefully)

OR

Step 1b) Download Files for iPhone 3G (Please read the following carefully)

OR

Step 2) Join the downloaded files

• The files downloaded above have an extension .001 and .002. They need a special opensource (free) software HJSplit to join.
  • Download HJSplit to join both the files – Link for Windows Computers here and Macs here.

Step 3) Restore the firmware in iTunes 9.1

• You should now have the respective firmware file with an extension .ipsw . Please follow the steps in order.
  • Launch iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac / Windows computer.
  • If you are aware of DFU mode, proceed further. If not, watch this quick video and pay close attention to the steps to achieve DFU mode.
  • Turn your iPhone off. Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
  • After exactly 10 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the Home button until iTunes pops up a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • The iPhone will show you a blank screen (black).
  • Click on ‘Ok’ to the prompt displayed and hold Option key on your Mac and then hit Restore button. For Windows, hold the shift key and then hit the restore button. In the dialog box that pops up, browse the downloaded custom firmware file.

Step 4) Give it few minutes to perform the restore. Once the iPhone is up and running, proceed for software Unlock using Cydia. Follow this guide to install Ultrasn0w to software unlock your iPhone 3G. iPhone 2G is already unlocked with this custom firmware!

You are now good to go! Post a comment if you are stuck at any of the steps described above.

• ziggy said:

>>Follow this guide to install Ultrasn0w to software unlock your iPhone 2G / 3G.

That link says it is for 3G only. What about 2G?

• Rayyan Al-Beladi said:

Thanks Man,, I've been waiting for your post ;)

• rajmahavir said:

thanks dear,

You are welcome!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

For 2G iPhones, you don't have to unlock it since the custom firmware takes care of it.

Welcome!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

iTunes 9 works just fine and is closely married to 3.1 firmware, so go with iTunes 9…

• Aakash Vijay said:

i am having iphone 3G with 3.1 version.
    when i tried to restore with this custom
    firmware it gives me an error – unable to restore. pls help

• rajmahavir said:

this is not working man

• rajmahavir said:

cant restore, giving error using 9.1 with 3g 8gb hv 3.0.1 jailbroken n unlocked

• rajmahavir said:

itune 9.0.0.70

• Ben said:

I keep getting a 1602 error on my O2 3g. What can I do? Cheers.

• Claire said:

I'm trying to jailbreak my hubby's 2G iPhone and I'm stuck! :( It keeps telling me, unable to recognize specified ispw. What am I not doing?….or what do I need to do?…HELP!!!!!!!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Please make sure you are using 2G firmware and not 3G. Did you join the 2 files 0.001 and 0.002? Is the resulting file .ipsw? Is it activated or notactivated firmware that you downloaded?

• sireesha said:

I have the same problem.while restoring 1600 error coming. . My phone stuck as the black screen .it is not at alla turning on also.

• crockard said:

3.1 restored successfully! Unlocked with Ultrasn0w offline method because … wifi doesn't works!!! :( Like for previous firmware 3.0 my wifi cannot find any network!!! :( Help pleaseee!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

So wifi didn't work for 3.0? If it is a hardware issue, it cannot work. Is wifi setting greyed out or it just doesn't find the network?

• t j said:

I got a phone that was already upgraded to 3.1 via apple update. I use Pnwage to jailbreak it, then tried ultrasn0w to unlock it, and all seemed to go fine, except when I put my sim card in, no network is detected. So does this work if the baseband was updated?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Sorry to hear that. There is little we can do about unlock at this time…3.1 is not unlockable yet…

Sent from my iPhone

• t j said:

shoot,, any guess how long I’ll have to wait? days, weeks, months? What about the software for sale that claims to unlock 3.1, will that work for me? Thanks!

Sent from my WiFi only iPhone

• crockard said:

Cannot find the network, but is not greyed, I have mac address for WiFi and Bluetooth (bluetooth works properly).
    I don't think it is an hw issue, because WiFi worked well with 2.2.x until I had upgraded to 3.0. Unfortunately I have bootloader 5.9 and I cannot downgrade the baseband :(
    Do you have others ideas?
    Thank you a lot!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Well, if that is the case, turn off bluetooth and then try connecting to a WiFi hotspot. I have read about reports with conflicting Bluetooth and WiFi. Baseband upgrade is not causing the issue here…. Try a different hotspot (public hotspot…)

• ronne said:

hello there… im new here and my iphone was given to me my brother and i dunno where from or what the original carrier was…

accidentally / purposefully since i thought it was a simple upgrade… i upgraded my 3.0 to 3.1 using itunes 9.0…
    then… i lost my signal and the screen popped a.. sim card failed. so i got scared and then pressed restore…

and now… my iphone displays ITUNES then connect USB and then slide for emergency ( i think it went to the activation )

I tried to UNLOCK it; but I was stupid enough to install firmware 3.1 on it.
    Now the phone shows a "No SIM card installed error" screen; and the only thing I can do is make emergency call. That's it.
    I tried to turn it on and off but it doesn't do anything. What should I do ? Please HELP! I'm desperate now.

• David said:

Hey Kiran,
    Is it necessary to put your phone in the DFU mode before restoring the custom ipsw? I always do the Shift+restore (windows) when the phone is in normal on mode.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

DFU is recommended. If your iPhone is already pwned, you can use just restore in restore mode!

Sent from my iPhone

• ronne said:

im using 3g yes…. which instructions do i follow… im using windows xp and itunes 9 to update

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Download either activated or notactivated 3g files depending on your contract…

Sent from my iPhone

• ronne said:

thanks you sooooooo much…. i did it… i was able to have my fone useful again but… i dont have signal none at all do you think i can do something about now… as of now? i used redsnow after i downgraded to 3.0 then now i have both icy and cydia istalled but no signal … will ultrasnow work? where do i DL it? my version is now 3.0 (7a341) and modem firmware of 05.11.07

thanks again iphone guru!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Please refrain from any such software. 3.1 baseband cannot be unlocked, period. ETA is hard cos' Apple tightened their code this time around… Lets hope!

Unfortunately, 5.11 baseband cannot be unlocked :(

I am baffled, how did you get 5.11 baseband with 3.0? Did you upgrade to 3.11 and then downgrade to 3.0??

• ronne said:

because… i didnt know my iphone unlocked i thought it was released by the official carrier in the country where im an in…i updated it from 3.0 to 3.1

i lost my signal . so i pressed restore… then my iphone went back to activation… and so what i did is follow the instructions in one of ur blogs to downgrade to make iphone jailbroken… but i used 3.0 (not 3.01 as what was instructed) after that i used redsnow then voala… its working again but no signal and… i dont know why… and my band changed… i dunno….

i hope there will be a solution for this…

but thank you… you were really helpful… ill keep on looking here incase here are updates… and i hope you can help me with this last problem… thanks…

ur so nice :)

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

May I have the OS, iPhone Firmware version, iPhone type for better troubleshooting?

Did you try DFU mode or Restore mode cos' it looks like a common issue with most folks…

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Did it work finally? DFU mode is the trick here.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Error number please? Did you put it in DFU mode?

• Hendo said:

it doesn't work for my 3G iphone… it keeps popping up with the error 1600…. wait so if u had the 3.1 official firmware…. it doesnt work?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

If you had 3.1 firmware, unlock doesn't work. It should still jailbreak it.

Error 1600 : Did you put your iPhone in restore mode or DFU mode?

• Hendo said:

i juts want to jailbreak it. it was in DFU mode

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Well, if it is in DFU mode and you get 1600 error, try rebooting both iPhone and PC/Mac.

On a Mac – Before creating the custom ipsw, delete anything that you can find in ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support

On a PC – Delete device support files in iTunes folder (restore files)

• Hendo said:

okay so u mean like restart them both and delete all the other support files that i had in the itunes folder before?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Yep exactly! Delete the restore files under iTunes.

• Hendo said:

Thanks a lot! ill try it out and tell you how it went :)

Good luck now!

• Hendo said:

im a bit confused tho but where could i find the restore files….

• Solution : Error 1600 while trying to Restore to Custome iPhone firmware for 2G / 3G iPhone Jailbreak | iLikeMyiPhone said:

[…] you get a 1600 or 16xx error while trying to restore to a custom 3.1 firmware for iPhone 2G or 3G, try the following […]

• Seb said:

Does anyone have a solution for the "No Service" problem with iPhone 3g baseband 4………since i updated my ultrasn0w I dont get any signal

• Seb said:

04.26.08

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Perfect! You are on the right track for unlock. Make sure you turn off 3G. Reboot iPhone, ultrasn0w should work, also make sure you install any updates that show up in Cydia…

• Hendo said:

idk why but i did all of that and delete the restore files from itunes and it still doesnt work….. do i have to delete the Itunes update logs as welll?

• Seb said:

hmm..Now it says "No sim"..never happend before..i'll try to reset my phone and jailbreak it again then use ultrasn0w…does it sound like a good idea? or will it automaticly update to the 3.1 firmware?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Hmmm, well, uninstall ultrasn0w and install it again from Cydia. If you turned your 3G off already, it should definitely work sinc eyou are on 4.26.08 baseband. Reboot and you will egta signal.

If not, then yeah, carefully restore to 3.1 custom firmware and then unlock, not 3.1 stock firmware btw …

• Seb said:

I may say that I installed some deb. file a while ago in the folder var/root/media/cydia/autoinstall folder via iFile, heard this from another forum…Do you think that this may cause a problem?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Never tried it. But yeah, try the above mentioned steps (comments) , it should definitely work!

• Seb said:

I reinstalled ultrasn0w and now it doesnt say no sim, now its just bars like dots ….. so i don not have signal.. If I press reset iTunes say do you want to reset and update your phone? Well do I? Is there a jailbreak and a working unlock for the 3.1 firmware?

• Hendo said:

oh okay it is in DFU. it has a black screen :o and i have no idea y it doesnt work… and i tried downgrading ones lol it was a different error tho.. but thanks if i need anymore help ill let u know.

• Hendo said:

How about backup folders?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

You can leave them alone. They are backups..

• Hendo said:

would taking out or leaving the sim card in do anything? >.> such a pain and i have no idea why it doesnt work….

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

SIM card shouldn't be an issue at all…

• Hendo said:

sighhh i guess then ill have to wait or something >.>

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

So you tried everything I mentioned here and it still shows 1600 error?

• Hendo said:

i did the restore mode before…. it messed it up so bad that i had to go download the official one >.> oh did i mention that it is my first time jailbreaking it? i remember hearing that there was an extra step on the pwnagetool but i cant use it since i have PC

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Well, I hope you did follow the DFU process correctly. I ran out of ideas, leaving work shortly…

• Guest said:

I have a 2g iphone. I use At&T but don't have an iphone contract. Which firmware should I use ?
    Thanks

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Then you will have to use the Activated firmware like all other non-iPhone contract users!

• kkiran said:

Hey! So sorry for the delay. Replied from iPhone and it didn't deliver the comment!

DFU mode is required if your iPhone has never been pwned before.

Restore mode or DFU mode if you are not sure if your iPhone is pwned / jailbroken!

Shift + Restore works fine w=if your iPhone is already jailbroken and are restoring to a custom firmware….

• kkiran said:

Sorry for the delay in responding. IF you are using 3G then download the files for 3G! (the second set of files in step1b)…

• kkiran said:

Issue resolved?

• ronne said:

i read something about downloading ur base band from bigboss fuzzy.. my problem now is that i cant seem to download them using the cydia… because i installed the cydia and icy same time when i jail break and error in cydia occur. and so i tried to reinstall again… now its says the version of my cydia is known and suppose to work… but my question now is that… is it normal that i get cannot contact host notion from cydia? or i have a problem again…

this is the page saying about downgrading my band…

thanks again yes i will sign up :) thanks…

i hope its ok po post a webpage if not.. ill delete

thanks again iphone guru!

• metatron said:

I have a IPhone 3G 16gig that i have officially updated to 3.1 via ITunes as my phone is factory unlocked and baseband updates are not an issue for me. My question is if I use the non activated firmware posted above will it still jailbreak my phone ok and leave my baseband as is or is it still going to try and keep old baseband wich i no longer have or need ?

• hesky said:

i got same problem on 3 computers (windows) itunes 90.70
    my phone 3g 8 gb firmware 3.01 jailbeaked
    tried dfu and restore mode on all 3 but still 1600 error on all

• hesky said:

i got same problem on 3 computers (windows) itunes 90.70
    my phone 3g 8 gb firmware 3.01 jailbeaked
    tried dfu and restore mode on all 3 but still 1600 error on all

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Hi! You are sailing in a perfectly safe boat ;)

Go ahead and use a Non activated firmware since factory unlocked iPhones don't need activation. The baseband is not updated but since you have updated it already it doesn't make a difference. Go for it!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Did you try the possible solutions as listed in the Error 1600 post right at the start of this article?

• iPhone 2G 3.1 Custom Firmware 7C144 § Code Retard said:

[…] Download Custom Firmware ipsw files for iPhone 2G, 3G 3.1 [Windows … […]

• ronne said:

hi iphone guru!

my problem is still unresolve.. i have working iphone 3g already but still no signal… i tried ultrasnow but it didnt work… i have a 3.0 05.11.07 modem firmware and a 05.09 bootloader which i learned by downloading the fuzzyband.. can i downgrade my bootloader so i can downgrade the modem firmware?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Unfortunately 5.11.07 baseband cannot be unlocked :( Only jailbreak for now, no unlock…

Fuzzyband works for pre week 29 iPhones. You can give it a shot…

• kiran said:

You will have to use redsn0w to unlock it. Follow the last link towards the end of the post to unlock…

• hesky said:

yes im runnin windowsxp so tried
    » On a PC – Delete device support files (restore files) in iTunes folder in the following locations
    Windows XP : C:/Documents and Settings/*UserName*/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/Device Support
    » Try rebooting both iPhone and PC/Mac
    also tried a new itune install on 3rd pc that had just bean formated and windows xp installed so it was clean system still get 1600 error
    i enter dfu mode run the restore through itunes my screen flashes as though its about to start the restore then after around 20-30 seconds i get the 1600 error
    still get same error unable to restore

• hesky said:

I EVENTUALLY GOT IT TO WORK UPGRADED TO 3.1 7C144 after a lot of messing update with restore mode now but i have no carrier dosnt show in general and under network it says not available any ideas
    got carrier workin after ultrasn0w but all i get now is this network ristricted regardless of what sim i insert into the phone are well a least its a bit nearer than no service lol

• PrincessV said:

how about turbo sims? do you think they will help thanks

• kiran said:

Nope, stay away from those turbo sims…

• mrpolo said:

yes i tried restoring in normal mode everytime i get a 1604 error i delete the file like u said in ur 1600 error solution then uninstalled itunes then re installed it and tried to restore but same thing. does it matter that im using a firmware thats for other carriers so i guess its hacktivated.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Nah, either of the firmware should work just fine. Did you restart computer, iPhone and then try DFU mode? What OS is it?

• mrpolo said:

I didnt restart my computer im about to do that now… also my OS is vista 64 bit and as far as DFU mode i cant enter it because my home button doesn't work

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Oh. It can be a tough bet without Home button :( Please check downloads section here and try earlier unlock tools, ZiPhone or other Windows tools. I wish you luck… Out of warranty is it?

• mrpolo said:

yeaaaa its out of warranty and restarting didnt help :( thanks for the hep though

• kiran said:

Not a problem! You may have to replace home button, try craigslist… I opened it the other day, lil complicated but doable!

• mrpolo said:

my question is do you know of a way to put 3g iphone into dfu mode without buttons? my home button stopped working and that made it impossible for me to enter dfu mode. Im on official 3.1 fw and i have vista… the reason i want dfu mode is so i can restore to a jailbroken 3.1 and get an app from cydia that acts just like a home button. thanks for your time Also my itunes is 9.00

• Jan Vnuk said:

I fallowed all the steps above to jail brake my iphone 3g 3.1 and everything worked as described. Only one think does not work,,,,, i do not see ATT logo. Phone is working, everything is working fine just my cell carrier logo is missing. Is there any fix for it? Thank you.

• kiran said:

That is a very well known bug in 3.1! You can do some plist hackery. I didn’t want to bother with the logo!!

• SethA said:

hey i just followed all the steps and itunes successuflly restored the iphone but when the iphone turned back on it was still locked and it had the tmobile sign but all i could do was the emergency call, what do i do now? i have a 2g and using vista

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Hi! You must have used the NotActivated firmware. It is intended for legal iPhone contracts. If you do have legal iPhone contract, connect your iPhone to iTunes and it should activate (needs ATT sim).

Since you are using T-Mobile sim, you must use activated firmware instead.

• SethA said:

i actually did download the activated firmware, and it went through everything and it said successuflly restored and all that stuff. it just brought me back to the itunes logo and the usb with the slide to unlock and emergency call. What should i do? i can receive calls and texts but cant do anything

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

So sorry to hear that. Not sure what might have caused this. Would you restore to the Activated firmware again? No one reported this issue before and more than 1500 people downloaded the 2G Activated firmware files!

• SethA said:

alrite wel i will restore the activated firmware tommorw and let you know what happened. But should i but it in dfu mode when i do it?

• yuLa said:

hi, i have iPhone3G [no iPhone contract] accidentally upgraded to 3.1. I followed the steps: 1) shift restore 3.0 FW; 2) run redsn0w jailbreak ; and 3) shift restore 3.1 custom FW. I have now msg "unrecognize SIM". I've read through many posts/comments but still couldn't figure out why I cant work things out. Is this because my baseband problem?? or is this due to my custom FW?? [any diff between 3.1custom_restore with 3.1custom_restore_NO_ACT]. Thanks

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Unfortunately, the baseband cannot be unlocked at this time!

Sent from my iPhone

• Ayyaz Ilyas said:

Thax Its Working Fine With My Iphone 3G

• Sep75 said:

Please guys hel me.
    I have an iphone simlock american , but i have to use it with other sim…so i need jailbreak
    Now i have fw 3.0.1 jb with baseband 04.26.08 , so can i download this:
    Download the following files ONLY if you don’t have an iPhone contract (T-Mobile and others…)
    iPhone 3G 3.1 Custom Firmware Activated for Other Carriers Part 1

Important is that the baseband remains 04.26.08 , then i will unlock with ultrasnow.
    Please helm me say if that firmware i 've write is right or not , tanks in advance

• Sep75 said:

Please guys hel me.
    Now i have fw 3.0.1 jb with baseband 04.26.08 , so can i download this:
    iPhone 3G 3.1 Custom Firmware Activated for Other Carriers Part 1

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

You will have to use the Not Activated Firmware (T-Mobile and Others) : Download both files, join them, jailbreak and then unlock! The very idea behind these firmware is the baseband 4.26.08, so you should be fine!

• Sep75 said:

Not activated , r u sure?
    I explane u my situation, i have an amercan iphone (simlock) but i live in Italy , so i need a firmware with no updated baseband , and u confirm me the link are all not update , but i need to use a sim different to sim At&t , then i will unlock with ultrasnow.
    So if i get Not Activated Firmware can i be sure it will work correctly?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Oops, I am so sorry for the confusion, you have to use the activated firmware if you don't have iPhone contract.

Both the firmware have the old baseband anyway, so even if you mistakenly use either of the firmware, you can still use the other one.

• Sep75 said:

I am more calm :)

• yuLa said:

u mean my iPhone is now bricked? [till there's way to change the baseband!!] wow… that's cruel..
    Any way for me to check the baseband since i have msg 'Pls insert valid SIM & PIN to activete". I'm assuming the baseband has been change to 5.+.+.
    FYi, my iPhone doesn't even show the main menu screen [1st screen menu]
    If i redo whole thng [i.e.; 1) shift restore 3.0 FW; 2) run redsn0w to jailbreak; and 3) shift restore 3.1 custom_ACT FW], will it work??
    OR if i use MAC tools, will my iPhone be resolved??? Pls help

• william said:

so what about the new update that activates the MMS on the iphone? when I did the custom restore, my iphone didnt have MMS activated

• yuLa said:

Finally, after 2 weeks of trying/non-sleeping [DFU n restore] i am now able to use my iPhone 3g again. FYi, i redid whole thng [i.e.; 1) shift restore 3.0 FW; 2) run redsn0w to jailbreak; and 3) shift restore 3.1 custom_ACT FW]. "No Service" shown now n will try to UNLOCK in a moment.
    But I checked the SETTING, myVersion is 3.1 (7C144) n ModemFirmware is 05.11.07.
    My queries: (i) by reading ur post, I presume UNLOCK is NOT possible rite [due to firmWare]… Pls confirm; (ii) reason I upgraded to 3.1 was to get the Compass App. BUT why is it not there? [since now version is 3.1]. Any idea?
    Thanks

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

i) Unfortunately, it cannot be unlocked since you restored via iTunes tot he stock 3.1 firmware from Apple

ii) Compass app is available only on iPhone 3GS cos' it requires specific hardware for it to work.

• Ron said:

my 3g 8gig iphone has the 5.11.whatever baseband…..is it unlockable and if not how do i downgrade the baseband?

• Ismail said:

Every one,

previously i had one problem and that was when i updated my iphone 3G to 3.1 with pwnagetool on Mac every thing went successfully untill i saw that name and/or logo of their carrier is missing, but they still have full bars and a signal which i hated …..

by downloading these custom firmwares will i see the same result of this on has fixed that issue ….. please advice i wont update my iphone until i get a reply from any one of you.

Thanks

• Sep75 said:

Someone had freezing with fw 3.1 jb?

• Toni said:

It works for me with many tries, but the unlocked doesn't work. When I installed the sim card, it keeps searching and no service.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

What is the baseband firmware on your phone? 4.26 or 5.11?

• Toni said:

5.11

• Toni said:

Some body needs to find out why the unlocked doesn't work.

5.11 cannot be unlocked yet :(

• goatman said:

I solved the 16xx errors (for 2G in Windows) using this iREB (http://ttapple.net/)

• Marley69 said:

Well I screwed up and missed the step that said "For Windows, hold the shift key and then hit the restore button. In the dialog box that pops up, browse the downloaded custom firmware file."
    So it downloaded it's own new firmware and restored and now it won't let me restore to the custom firmware to use T-Mobile. I held the buttons down again and got it back into recovery but holding shift key never lets me select custom firware. Am I screwed?

• Marley69 said:

So it downloaded it's own new firmware and restored and now it won't let me restore to the custom firmware to use T-Mobile. I held the buttons down again and got it back into recovery but holding shift key never lets me select custom firmware. Am I screwed?

• Toni said:

I see.

• Nick said:

How man, I have been looking for these custom 3G 3.1 roms for awhile. All the torrents on the web DO NOT WORK SO DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. I AM DOWNLOADING this right now to jailbreak my 3G 3.0.1 right now and hopefully unlock after. Will get back to you on the results. Hopefully these work!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

It worked for so many people, so it will work for you too! Please follow the guide step by step and you should be all set! Good luck!

• ITLEX said:

FOR yuLa, Ron and Every one don’t worry, if your iPhone modem version is 5.11.07 and BootLoader version is 05.08(5.8), you can downgrade modem version to 0 4.26.08, after downgraded your iPhone is worked ok.
    What you do. 1. In your iPhone, find in FuzzyBand and Install. 2. Open FuzzyBand application and tap on Downgrade button, wait the program is downgraded your iPhone modem version. Congrats! You have is unlock iPhone 3G OS 3.1 and modem version 4.26.08. Good like.

• thomas said:

Hey guys,
    I got a question about the 3.1 custom firmware. I got a iphone 3g with 2.2.1 and 2.30 baseband. I know that 2.30 baseband can't be unlocked so if i upgrade with the 3.1 custom firmware will it update my baseband to 4.26. i would like to unlock so i can use with tmobile. i run xp. please let me know. thanks again

• thomas said:

i've just installed the 3.1 custom firmware and it seems like it didnt effect the original baseband firmware. is there a way for me to upgrade the baseband to 4.26.08?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Hi Thomas. You did not upgrade the right way I believe. You have to upgrade to 3.0 firmware from iTunes (factory firmware, not custom firmware) and then try the custom firmware.

• Download Custom Firmware to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3GS 3.1 [Mac/Windows] | iLikeMyiPhone said:

[…] #1 : Please proceed further ONLY if you have an iPhone 3GS. iPhone 2G or 3G owners should follow this guide […]

• thomas said:

I just updated with the 3.0 custom firmware and i think im set!!! my baseband is now 4.26.08 and i can unlock!!! thanks again

Good to hear that :)

• Roy said:

There sure seem to be a lot of comments about people who it haven't worked for. I have a 3.01 IPhone 3G with AT&T. I have no need to unlock. I already have it jailbroken. It seems pretty straightforward using hte custom firmware, but I want to make sure this one works and the logos are all there and everything will stay the same except, obviously, the upgrades will happen.

Nick, can't wait to hear your opinion on these firmware downloads.

Thanks everyone.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Hi Roy! It works, it worked for so many people. You just have to follow the right steps (DFU and such).

Good luck!

• Ghozzy said:

Working As A Heaven … Done That On iPhone 3G 16GB With The 3.1 Firmware That Activite And Jailbreak (Am Using Windows Vista iTunes 8.2.1.6) Thanks So Much For uploader And Maker Also The Devoplers…Cheers

• ihtsham said:

hello bro

i have iphone 8GB 2G with 1.1.4, foolishly i got OS 3.1.1 and i upgraded my iphone to it via itunes. Now my iphone has been locked. i am using windows XP.

What i should do now,

reply urgently please.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Not a problem buddy, follow the 2g iPhone guide in this article here…

Sent from my iPhone

• Ghozzy said:

ihtsham you upgraded by itunes mean ur basband upgraded to 5.11.07 This Basband no unlock for it right now you must wait or try to downgrade ur basband by fuzzyband in cydia but you must downgrade ur 3.1.1 to 3.0 then jailbreak it and put cydia install fuzzyband and see if it will work but listen(fuzzyband only working in bootloader 5.08 so try) this link show you how to make that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd7hBP9gJoM

• Pajo said:

I try to jailbreak but i get the error number 1602 ,anyone can help

• Ghozzy said:

about error Pajo no idea but try this maybe it will work… First Unhide Folders From Tools Folder Options Then… Click Start —-> usernam(which mean ur account name) —–> AppData—> Roaming—>Apple Computer—->iTunes… Then I Will Upload Photo For You To See Which Folders You Must Delete And Which You Must Leave… http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5356/itunesx.jpg

• ihtsham said:

hello ghozzy, thanks for your prompt reply bro.

before i can read ur msg, i downgraded iphone from 3.1.1 to 3.0. and by using redsn0w .9, i unlocked it, but now its saying "No sim card Inserted".

why it happened? now what is the problem and how it may be solved?

Thanks in advance. waiting…

• dsbarry said:

look for a program called 1h8sn0w , put your phone in DFU mode, and run the ih8snow
    your iphone will show a white blank screen and the ih8sn0w will crash, this is normal, now you can restore your iphone with the custom firmware, it worked for me, good luck.

• Ghozzy said:

iHtsham Now your iPhone 3.0 Unlocked And Jailbreaked Right?! So What Is your Basband number Now 5.11.07 Or What ?!

• honey155 said:

Hi,
    I have a iPhone 2G OS3.1 (not working) and tried the solution, but iTunes tells me that the firmware version is not compatible. I am with no official provider, so I downloaded iPhone 2G 3.1 Custom Firmware Activated for Other Carriers Part 1 + Part 2 and rejoined.
    Pleae help!

• ALI said:

thnx soo much it worked for me…thank GOD…

• Dom 利 Kai-Cheng 公爵 said:

ok ive been getting all these error messages but i found my problem was fixed once i took it out of dfu mood …
    what im saying is attempt to restore your iphone with the cutome firmware in itunes ..without putting the phone it dfu mood (just plug it in while its switched on and let itunes do the rest)

• fosg2000 said:

full file 251 mb!

• Ghozzy said:

Yes Full File 251MB

• Sharath said:

Hi, i have an Iphone 2G which i have got unlocked earlier. I'm using it with AT&T Go Phone. I want to upgrade the FW to 3.1 on my 2G. Should i use "iPhone 2G 3.1 Custom Firmware Activated for Other Carriers"?? I plan to upgrade the Phone from Win XP. Will this custom firmware upgrade the baseband?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Use the NotActivated one, it should work if you are using ATT. 2G iPhones need not worry about baseband updates anymore! They stopped developing newer basebands for 2G iPhones.

• Sharath said:

Hi,
    Thanks your response!!.. I do not have any contracts with AT&T and 2G phone will not work on prepaid if locked for carrier. My requirement is to use my 2G iphone on AT&T Go phone (prepaid) while in the US and will be moving to india shortly. I should be able to put Sim card from other carriers (Vodaphone & Airtel) when i return. Now, could you please suggect me if "Activated for Other Carriers" will work for me? I suppose "Activated for Other Carriers" should work with AT&T also right?? Please suggest….
    Thanks
    Sharath

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Hi. In that case try Activated, But it doesn't harm if you try the wrong one since you have a 2G iPhone.

• Sharath said:

Hi … I forgot to ask one more question. I do not know as to what is the Baseband version of my 2G phone. I guess it was last upgraded and unlocked during the 1.1.4 firmware timeframe….i got it unlocked with Quickpawn and did not bother to upgrade later. Would i be able to put the Custom 3.1 firmware directly to it using the procedure mentioned or should i be upgrading to some previous release first? Thanks…. :)

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Go ahead and use this firmware directly.

• Sunny said:

Hi, I have I phone 3G 16GB AT&T locked. All firmware update went well. However, I cannot install any local apps (***.ipa) thru itune 9, for example. I was able to do this before I upgraded. I had firmware 3.01 and itune 8. Is it caused by itune or the firmware? I use win XP.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

What is the error message? This is the first time I have heard of such an error…

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Where did you get those ipas from btw?

Sent from my iPhone

• Sunny said:

The error was " The application "xxx" was not installed on the iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8008001)." I can however install small apps thru iPhone PC Suite, but large apps like Navigon and TomTom Navigator (1.4 GB) will not installed either way. I got apps from pda4x.com. It worked well with firmware 3.01 and iTune 8.
    Thx

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Sorry, I cannot support illegal apps.

Sent from my iPhone

• Sunny said:

Hi,
    Your custom firmware is also illegal according to dev team. Thx

Yes sir, they are.

Sent from my iPhone

• Sunny said:

Nevermind, I downgraded to 3.01 and everything went fine as before i upgraded to 3.1.

Great to hear. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone

• gthomsen said:

i cannot join the files .001 and .002, they don't show up when i browse for them. will it not work if i have windows7?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

It should work. Make sure those files have those extensions (.001 and .002)…

• street 1 said:

I followed the steps described Exactly, unfortunately i still get the 1600 error. I have itunes 9.0.1 ( does that make a difference?). Now what?
    If i restore my Iphone 3G 3.1 with iTunes now, will the firmware 3.1.2 be installed automatically, and if so will i be able to unlock it? (new custom file 3.1.2 yet?)
    thanks

• danman2_2999 said:

Hey I was not able to do the DFU but I was able to load the firmware by holding the home button and plugging it in to iTunes.

My problem is MMS still wont send. And I noticed there is no AT&T logo, but I do have a signal (E and 3G).
    When I check the About info, it says Not Available under Network….but it does say I have Carrier AT&T 5.6 and my modem firmware is 4.26.08

I swapped my sim card back to my 2G to see if I could get a signal and I still could, the AT&T logo popped up…

I called AT&T and they said it messed up my sim card when I put it back from my 3G to my 2G and "updated my carrier settings." They advised to get a new Sim card, even though i could still make calls, just not MMS.

What should I do!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Best bet : Do a perfect 3.1 custom firmware restore and don't restore from backup. Now check for MMS ability. Forget about the ATT logo, it is a known bug.

• danman2_2999 said:

Thanks for the quick reply,
    yeah i agree, i dont care about the logo just the MMS functionality.
    so just reopen itunes and put the phone into recovery mode and re-shift + restore and choose this merged file i downloaded from this page?

• Evert said:

Thanks it worked perfect, i had a locked iphone which was jailbreaked before and restored on itunes with 3.1 and locked again but I succeed with unlocking by this posts.
    Thanks a lot guys.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Yes sir. That should work! After the restore, check for the carrier bundle file (5.6).

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Yay, glad to hear that! Enjoy your iPhone now!

• danman2_2999 said:

ok I am going to do that now….since I am not going to restore from back up, I want to back up my contacts…

i hate itunes because it syncs alllllll the windows contacts that I have! is there an easier way to back up contacts?

• danman2_2999 said:

and what exactly do you mean check the carrier bundle file? I noticed that I already have the AT&T 5.6 carrier…

• danman2_2999 said:

Oh no, still didnt work even though I didnt restore from backup!
    Should there be something in the "Network" field? it says NOT AVAILABLE.

Also, originally i had my 2G then my friend gave me her 3G so i just swapped the sim card. When I initially called the AT&T lady said the problem was my plan was set up for the 2G not the 3G. But when I chatted with livechat they helped reset the IMEI settings and told me to get the new sim card, which did not help.

I am not sure what to do!

• danman2_2999 said:

Could my problem how my plan is set up?
    My plan was set up with the 2G and I just swapped sim cards in about June to my new 3G. Could they be blocking my MMS cuz they show I am paying for 2G service?

• Sharath said:

I have IPhone 2G which i'm trying to upgrade to custom 3.1 (activated for other carriers). I'm using Itunes 9.0.1 and i got 1600 error while trying to load the FW. Now the device does not turn on. Every time i connect to the computer (XP) i get a pop-up on itunes that an iphone in recovery mode is connected. If i try to send the FW with holding "Shift" key it will start but will fail wuth 1600. I tried uninstalling the itunes and re-installing the itunes with no change…. 1600 again…. what can i do now? Please help….

• danman2_2999 said:

just got off the phone with AT&T…
    turns out they had some provision on my account that needed to be turned off in order to have the MMS work..
    now I am good to go!

• Tony said:

I'm confused. I have an at&t plan but I do not have an iPhone plan. I am currently on 3.0 with a 3g but would like to upgrade to 3.1. And I wish to preserve my 4.26.08 baseband. Which custom firmware do I choose?

Use the notactivated….

Sent from my iPhone

• alon said:

WORKED GREAT FOR MR , THANKS =]
    (IPHONE 3g NOT SIMFREE)

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Yay! Great to hear that buddy!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

You may try the Unactivated firmware since you are on AT&T already. It should get the signal even without a plan. In the worst case if it doesn't work, you can then try the Activated firmware but it is highly unlikely for it to not work.

• street 1 said:

hi,
    could you please help me here, i have an iphone 3G 3.1 that i jailbreak using your tutorial :) i wanted to use a Tmobile sim card instead of my original AT&T plan one, but it seems i cannot unlock yet ( Ultrasnow not working for my bootlouder 5.08)
    my question is, if i use a different AT&T sim card then my original one, would it work on my Iphone?
    thanks much

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Yep, another ATT sim should work but did you use ultrasnow??

• matthew said:

i have an iPhone 2g and i just successfully updating it to the custom 3.1. however it has no MMS!?!?! WTF?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

For 2G MMS, you have to manually do stuff. Try visiting benm.at and give it a go!

• soheb said:

i have the same problem with my 2G.Idont have any AT&T SIM to activate.
    Now my iphone is just for emergence call.On the screen it shows connect to itunes and down slide for emergence.Now what is the solution for this problem.
    Please help

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

You don't need an AT&T SIM. All you have to do is use the custom firmware listed here, use the NotActivated version and you are golden!

• street 1 said:

yes i used ultrasnow, tried an other ATT sim but kept searching. when i jailbreak should i check Activate or leave it unchecked?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Use the activated since you say you don't have ATT contract nor the ATT sim. What is the baseband firmware version?

• street 1 said:

thanks. 5.07.11

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

5.11.07? It cannot be unlocked unfortunately :( You must have updated directly via iTunes or it is an OTB iPhone…

• street 1 said:

is the newer version of quickpwn will jailbreak and unlock but that's only for MAC users. if so is there a link for it please?
    appreciate your replies :)

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

There is no QuickPwn anymore! It is discontinued. Only Pwnagetool for Mac. All download links @ Downloads section on this site.

• danman2_2999 said:

Did you have an original 2G (and data/txt plan) and end up grabbing a 3G without a new contract and not tell AT&T?

I did, my friend gave me his "old" 3G when he got the new 3GS, so i swapped my sim card from my 2G to my 3G, thinking that all the features wouldnt work, but they did! that was this summer…..until 3.1 update.

I did the above, however I put the phone in recovery mode (holding home for a few seconds then attach USB with iTunes running) which worked, rather than DFU mode. No MMS. Failure everytime and I would receive viewmymessage.com txt. So I chatted once, lady reset my IMEI number and told me my sim card was bad, so I grabbed a new one and still same problem. I called and a nice girl said "sorry! there was some provision blocking your account, I took that off and now MMS will work." She sent a test pic and it worked! For a day! Then I called back and said wtf! and the next girl was nice and said "sorry! her she must not have saved the settings! I will reapply what she did." She sent an MMS and it worked! For a day again….the next day i called saying wwwwwwwtfffff and i got transfered to tech support, and they told me right away it was because my plan was for a 2G, and that I needed to upgrade to the 3G plan ($15 more) in order for MMS to work…I was pissed and said "no way, I was told already blah blah" and they didnt give a crap!

Bottom line….if you had an original 2G and then put your sim card in a 3G, or you have a 2G data plan, dont expect MMS to work!

• danman2_2999 said:

If AT&T believes you have a 2G, or your data or txt plan is for an original 2G phone, then MMS will not be allowed.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Interesting! Yeah, that is the downside of not signing up for an iPhone 3G plan. Swirly MMS?

• danman2_2999 said:

I tried swirly as well, I told them I swapped my sim card from my iphone to my older razor so I needed MediaNet to work, but they finally told me they wouldnt do that for the iphone.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Stupid ATT! But yeah, what would they do if you put the sim in your other MMS phone for few days and once MMS works – swap it out? They are being too crazy lately…!

• Custom Frimwares - iPhoneinfo.se - iPhoneforum i Sverige said:

[…] Frimwares Download Custom Firmware ipsw files for iPhone 2G, 3G 3.1 [Windows/Mac] , Error 1600 Solution Update… __________________ iPhone: 2G Capacity: 8Gb Firmware: 3.0 Hack: Redsn0w SimCard: […]

• Ali said:

works fine with iphone 3g 3.1 tmobile user…thnx a lot

Welcome! Enjoy!!

• street 1 said:

I used the Activated (check box that says activate iphone in pwnage) file, installed ultra snow from cydia and At&t sim (no contract) is Not working… keeps searching and then No sevice..
    any thing i am missing, does anyone tried this and worked for him with an At&t sim on a 3G 3.1/ 05.11.07 firmware?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

5.11 baseband is not unlockable at the moment…

• henryhung said:

what is the different from 3.1 firmware and 3.1.2 firmware on iphone?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Not a huge difference. But 3.1 had battery issues and some other bugs that were ironed out in 3.1.2

• uzed? » iPhone 3G 3.1 FW Jailbreak mit Windows said:

[…] Custom Firmware 3.1 (sucht euch doch hier […]

• boogeyman65 said:

i did all the steps to rejailbreak my 3g, 16gig that got accidentally upgraded to 3.1, using the firmware to fix the 16xx error message, but i still got the error message

• street 1 said:

try all the following together:
    – use an original apple usb cable (the ones that came with the iphones)
    – close itunes and any other program and restart your computer (mac of pc)
    – if it is the first time u jailbreak, then u should ude the DFU mode. if not then just turn of ur iphone, plug it in itunes and run the custom firmware
    – try all the above again
    -and again (i ve tried all combinations many time and suddenly it worked)
    if that doesn't work (mostly because u would be on a pc) find a mac and do it again
    there could be many raisons for getting the 16** error, so u may wanna check the custom firmware and re run it with pwnage tool

good luck

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Hope street1's tip worked for you!

• Paul said:

had to reload my iphone 2G
    was very worried how to do this
    came across ilikemyiphone on the net
    downloaded custom firmware3.1 PC o/s XP
    and bingo happy iphone and very happy me
    big thanks to you all
    it work great cant thank you enough
    Paul

Yay! Awesome job buddy!

• Custom Firmwares - iPhoneinfo.se - iPhoneforum i Sverige said:

[…] Firmwares till iPhone Update: Download Custom Firmware ipsw files for iPhone 2G, 3G 3.1 [Windows/Mac] , Error 1600 Solution Update… UPDATE : A new version of custom firmware 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G/3G/3GS is now available here! […]

• mohammed shan said:

hi this is aamir how to join the ipsw file

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Please read the whole guide – HJSplit should be downloaded first, then launch it to join both the files (.001 and .002 files)..

• Komarac SERBIA said:

go to settings and than network and turn off 3G if you are using it with t-mobile or other networks that doesnt support iphone's 3g netvor system

• 3GSHACK said:

Run Blackra1n and Jailbreak, then it work!

• Ron said:

hi , in the instructions it is written to "Step 3) Restore the firmware in iTunes 9.1" how do you restore in the firmware in itunes 9.1 ? and i tried to unlock it , it didnt work .
    2G , 3.1, XP , 7C144

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Is your iPhone currently jailbroken?

Did you download and join the custom firmware for 2G iPhone?

If yes, put your iPhone in restore mode and then hold shift button and then select the custom firmware downloaded.

• Prakash said:

noob here in india bought iphone 3gs from Australia factory unlocked. version was 3.1 upgraded to 3.1.2. model no is mc mc131x modem firmware 05.11.07. which version should i download and has anyone tested the custome firmware on above model.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

1000s have tested the firmware. I would recommend blackra1n in your case…

• Ron said:

hi i got the error # 1604 when i tried to restore my 2G iphone on 3.1 firmware , what can i do about that ?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

I would recommend restore to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n…

• Mark said:

Hi, do you know of any way to downgrade 5.9 bootloaders? I've used your method to jailbreak the phone but still cannot use it because of the bootloader! Any ideas?

iPhone 3G OS3.1.1 Bootloader 05.09.
    Laptop is running XP SP3

Mark

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Why do you want to downgrade the bootloader? Geohot is releasing 5.11 unlock today!

• Slashw said:

OK after reading then re-reading and one more time for good measure, i re-read all the comments and guides. I have a 2g iPhone with 3.0FW (7A341) //Carrier ATT&T 5.1 (Non-iphone Contract).I am using Windows Vista OS. I either used RedSn0w or QuickPwn to unlock and jailbreak. I am downloading 3.1 Activated Custom Firmware and going to combine them and do a Shift+Restore update….OK for the question(s). Should I re-use RedSn0w to Jailbreak and unlock my phone? I saw a comment a few weeks about 5.11 basebad being unlock able, will this be an issue with mine (not sure if 5.1 and 5.11 are the same)? Pretty much I want a simple-ish answer,lol. If I download this software and upgraded using customFW, in the end I will continue to have a working Iphone with the new firmware update. Im just worried about locking my phone, as I do not have a back up. Thank you very much for any info.

• Slashw said:

So I told myself to just do it and I did. The only thing is when i plug my phone into iTunes it says I have 3.1 and not 3.1.2 because it asks if I want to upgrade. Any advice on that? Also Cydia told me some of my repos are not working…and my APN is gone and have no internet…that i can fix with an APN changer but still just curious on why that happens and why does it not say 3.1.2. The new FW says 3.1 (7C144) // Carrier ATT&T 5.0. So I guess it also downgraded my baseband.

• Slashw said:

Thank you for the quick reply…I ll try that.

• jeremy said:

hi,
    I had a ATT contract before but left the US now. My Iphone is still working on att w/o the contract (as an ipod touch) but I want to swich to a new carrier now. which firmware should I choose for?
    iphone 2g firmware 3.1.2 never jailbreaked on windows vista
    thx

Activated firmware….

• Tracey said:

I am stuck on step 3. Restore the firmware in iTunes 9.1.After holding the option key and then hitting the restore button. The dialog box pops up but the downloaded custom firmware file is not in bold so I'm unable to click on it. I have a macbook with the iphone 2g. Thanks Tracey

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

You have to join downloaded files. Did you follow each step fully?

• bummer said:

HO HO HO… if you installed the 3.1.3, it's very possible that you are, by the time… and even more if u updated the modem base… no unlocking =(

• Leny said:

I'm tryin to unlock an iPhone 2G firmware 3.1 tryin to activate it for other carriers.. and give me an ERROR (1604)… what should i do?

I'm using windows 7

Please help

• Kiran said:

Please refer to the latest post on redsn0w 3.1.3 iPhone 2g…

• fkhan said:

Hi , Actually I was having the same problem I tried ultrasnow but it didnt work and I tried everything but there was NO service. So then i read somewhere that download fuzzyband and if ur bootloader is 05.08 then you can do it. So i tried that …luckily my bootloader was 05.08 and then I downgrade the firmware from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08 after that I reinstall ultrasnow and it worked !!!

• fkhan said:

Here is the link

• PenisWrinkle said:

Yeah…Don't, DON'T, DO NOT enter it into DFU mode. There's no need. And that's why people keep getting the 1600 error messages. If your phone is already IN DFU mode, just reverse it by hitting home and power for ten seconds again. It's quite simple. then just restore it normally. You don't have to do any sort of fancy button pushing, it'll restore right through itunes normally. THANX for the firmware upload tho!!!