Home » 1600 Error, 3.1, Custom Firmware

18 September 2009 141 Comments

If you get a 1600 or 16xx error while trying to restore to a custom 3.1 firmware for iPhone 2G or 3G, try the following :
Try this first instead of entering DFU mode…for 3G
1)UNPLUG ur iphone and turn off
2)Open itunes
3) hold home as u plug in iphone and keep holding until u see itunes logo on ur iphone
4) then SHIFT+restore and locate the custom ipsw
and there u go! (thanks txccu2000).

If that didn’t work, then try the following :

• Try rebooting both iPhone and PC/Mac.
  • Make sure the iPhone is in DFU mode.
  • On a Mac - BEFORE creating the custom ipsw, delete restore files found in ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support
  • On a PC – Delete device support files (restore files) in iTunes folder in the following locations
  • Windows 7 and Vista : C:/*UsersName*/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunesDevice Support
  • Windows XP : C:/Documents and Settings/*UserName*/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/Device Support
  • Try restoring to the custom firmware via iTunes by (shift+restore on Windows, Option + Restore on Mac)

Credit : Thanks Sandos for location of restore files in Windows OSes.

• Download Custom Firmware ipsw files for iPhone 2G, 3G 3.1 [Windows/Mac] , Error 1600 Solution Updated | iLikeMyiPhone said:

[…] UPDATE : If you get a 1600 error while trying to restore to a custom firmware here, try this. […]

• JRGN said:

I got an Iphone 2g firmware 3.1 original restored but at a time of jailbreaking it this procedure dont work at all, thanks for your post anyway.

Best Regards, JRGN.

• Jonah Hirsch said:

This did the trick for me! Windows 7 x64, iPhone 2G.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Awesome, thanks for the feedback, error 1600 is so annoying, so many people are facing it as we speak!

• BiG_dAn_E21 said:

i can't get the phone to work at all how do i change my baseband and disable things to even make a call i will be glade to send a text message with this ipod will iphone that im using as and ipod

• BiG_dAn_E21 said:

what about the 1015

• BiG_dAn_E21 said:

can anyone help me

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

May I know the following details : Please include your iPhone type (2G/3G/3G S), firmware version (2.X.X,3.X.X) and your Operating System (OS X 10.5.7/ XP/ Vista) for a speedy,accurate response!

• Sotiris said:

I deleted the device support files (restore files) in iTunes folder and still got the same error. Only when I reinstalled itunes finally I was able to restore my custom firmware. So if anyone has still problems try this. I hope I helped…

• kamil02 said:

The last step is to re-install iTunes. It works! :D Thanks Sotiris

• ttcxu2000 said:

so I need to delete itunes and reintsall?

• ttcxu2000 said:

Try this instead of entering DFU mode…for 3G
    1)UNPLUG ur iphone and turn off
    2)Open itunes
    4) then SHIFT+restore and locate the custom ipsw
    and there u go!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

No need to uninstall iTunes! Just delete the restore files!

• bluenautica said:

This was the only way that worked for me, but, the backup process did not work, which gave me nothing but a 3.1 update and now I have to install all my apps/contacts/etc… not cool =/

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Well, installing apps and contacts shouldn't be that difficult. If you want to restore backup, you can always do that anytime after it is jailbroken. Right click on your iPhone (iTunes left bar) and restore from backup!

• Одинцово said:

Купить или продать квартиру (или комнату) в городе Одинцово Аренда, продажа, квартир и комнат в Одинцово.

• Запчасти субару said:

Запчасти субару, лексус, митсубиши, тойота и другие японские марки!

• архитектор said:

мне понравилось,в тему

• Jack said:

If people are still having trouble with error 1600, try this too:

For Windows:
    After restarting, trying DFU and all the above, copy the custom .ipsw that you created into:
    # Windows 7 and Vista : C:/*UsersName*/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunesDevice Support/
    # Windows XP : C:/Documents and Settings/*UserName*/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/Device Support/

Rename the custom .ipsw file as the same name as the file that is already in here, name differs but it should be similar to "x12220000_5_Recovery"

Now, follow the DFU restore technique through iTunes, I stopped receiving the 1600 error when I tried this for the first time.

My custom .ipsw was created on my Macintosh, but I did all of the above on the Windows side. I imagine the same method could be used on a Mac, just copy the .ipsw over the backup one inside of:
    ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support

Good luck.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

I will definitely give it a try on one of my spare devices and update the article with your tip(s) posted here. Thanks a lot Jack!

• JuecyJ said:

keep getting error 1601. I reinstalled itunes and all componets. no luck Have 2g Iphone 8g had 3.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked. also i cant get iphone out of dfu mode.?

• delusion950 said:

1600 error ITUNES 9, ITUNES FIRMWARE 3.1 FOR IPHONE 2G SOLVED!

YOU GOT IT. IT WORKED, WITH CUSTOM FIRMWARE CREATED BY PWNAGE FOR MAC FOR 3.1 IPHONE 2G, WHAT I DID I CHANGED THE FILE x12220000_5_Recovery.IPSW with CUSTOM FIRMWARE MADE BY PWNAGE AND RENAMED IT x12220000_5_Recovery AND PLACED IT IN THE FOLDER WHERE this x1222 file was also from DEVICE SUPPORT AND itunes sofrware update I CHANGED APPLE DEFAULT IPSW WITH MY CUSTOM IPSW BUT TOOK OUT THe CUSTOM_RESTORE. it worked now its restoring. thank you

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Thanks a lot for the tip, I will update the article after I verify with one of my devices…

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Did you get it to work yet? We can try some more steps if it didn't…

• Stefon said:

just not working for me…i got into dfu mode follow the steps and fail…1600 all the time. im a noob at this so dont blast me….have a 2g btw

• Stefon said:

FIXED =D

• IPHONECRAZEE said:

ok guys here's the deal

FOR IPHONE 3G.

REINSTALL ITUNES…GO TO APPLE.COM AND DOWNLOAD+INSTALL.

GO TO THE FOLLOWING LOCATION AND MOVE ALL THE FILES TO A DIFFERENT FOLDER. DO NOT KEEP ANYTHING.

Windows Vista users:
    Users”your computer name”AppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates

Mac Users:
    Mac Users:
    ~username/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates/

OPEN ITUNES

TURN OFF AND DISCONNECTION IPHONE

PRESS THE HOME BUTTON KEEP HOLDING AND THEN CONNECT THE USB CABLE…WHEN YOU SEE THE CABLE LOGO AND ITUNES RELEASE THE BUTTON

ITUNES WILL WARN IN RECOVERY MODE…PRESS AND HOLD THE SHIFT KEY AND THEN CLICK RESTORE BUTTON AND BROWSE TO THE CUSTOM 3.1 FIRMWARE YOU DOWNLOADED.

DONE! THIS IS GAURANTEED TO WORK ON VISTA MACHINE. PROBABLY ON XP ALSO.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Thanks a lot for the input. Hope this solves those weird errors!

• mischef said:

@ttcxu2000 thanks man, u a life saver ! had alsoughts of troubles till i saw this. Cheers bud and happy hacking :- )

• фильтр для воды said:

фильтруйте ваши всказывания слишком много воды

• сесшоп мэн said:

спасибо

• chalk said:

this website suks balls

• Paul said:

You Da Man!! After 10 failures this worked for me, Thank you!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Glad to hear that! Keep rocking!

• Shanon said:

Hey, I have a 2G phone, that I can't get to work with the firmware. I'm getting the 1600 error, everytime. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes. I have done all these steps multiple times with the 1600 error as the result. I have even gone as far as to change the name of the ipsw file to the recovery file name as listed above and still, I get the 1600 error. Is there anyway for you to share the ipsw file that is created by a Mac, so that I can try that one? I have no access to a Mac computer. Please help, its been two weeks without my phone and I miss terribly.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

So sorry to hear that. Did you try the DFU mode or Restore mode? Did you follow the solution here and what custom firmware did you use? I posted the custom firmware links for 2G iPhones too. It will definitely work.

• Shanon said:

I have put my phone in DFU Mode, how do I know if I did not successfully get my phone into DFU mode. I have watched the youtube video, and I believe I get my phone into DFU mode everytime. I did follow your solutions for the 2G. I use the firmware for 2G 3.1 Firmware for other carriers, since I use TMobile. I just tried all of it again and I got the 1600 error again. I'm using iTunes 9.0 and I am on Vista. I am at a loss now. I think my phone is wiped completely at this point. I don't care about what I lost, I just want to phone to work.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Ok, how about you try the Restore mode instead of DFU mode? The videos should detail both restore and dfu mode.

• Shanon said:

OH THANK GAWD!!! I tried restore mode and once that was finished, I followed your instructions (again) by putting the phone into DFU mode and it WORKED!! YOU ARE BRILLIANT!! I should have done the restore along time ago. Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

I am so happy for you :) Enjoy your iPhone and feel free to ask a question anytime!

• Shanon said:

• sili said:

o thank you thank you . i did it in first try . great tutorial and help . kudos to you guys.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Great to see some positive feedback from you guys :) Keep rocking!

• Sharath said:

HI,
    I have IPhone 2G which i'm trying to upgrade to custom 3.1 (activated for other carriers). I'm using Itunes 9.0.1 and i got 1600 error while trying to load the FW. Now the device does not turn on. Every time i connect to the computer (XP) i get a pop-up on itunes that an iphone in recovery mode is connected. If i try to send the FW with holding "Shift" key it will start but will fail wuth 1600. I tried uninstalling the itunes and re-installing the itunes with no change…. 1600 again…. what can i do now? Please help….

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Did you try the steps mentioned in the 3.1 firmware post (custom firmware?)? Put it in DFU mode and then do a restore. If not, try restore mode (you can find the videos)..

2G iPhones have no problem with unlock so, even if something goes wrong, you don't have to worry much!

• Jek said:

Hi, I'm having problem in unlocking my iphone.

I bought the iphone 3g 16gb at the auction recently. And activated is needed when switch on the iphone, which I didn't expected. I can't check the firmware n baseband version, but seller told me that the firmware is 3.1, n itunes shows tat my firmware was the latest one.

First, i downloaded custom firmware 3.1 activated and try to restore in DFU mode. and i got 1601 error. refer to this page, deleted file in /devide support/, and also copied the custom firmware and renamed to "x12220000_5_Recovery". same error happened

tried again in discovery mode, now it came out 1604 error.

and then, i downloaded custom 3.1.2, itunes showed msg tat firmware is not suitable.

I worked all in window XP.

thanks

• Jek said:

thanks for your reply.
    I did join the files. the file name was iPhone1_2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw .
    I tried in both recovery mode n DFU mode.
    And now i can't kick out of both of that 2 modes.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Please follow my videos to kick them out of that mode. Check in videos section.

• Jek said:

I've go thru the videos.

When I'm in recovery mode, i tried to kick out from it, it doesn't work. it goes back to recovery mode after the apple icon appeared.

Then I switch off recovery mode, by pressing power n home button, and release it when the cable n itunes icon gone. And then I tried to switch it to DFU mode and it works. From there i tried to kick out, and it appear recovery mode after the apple icon appeared.
    I tried to restore the custom firmware in both 2 modes. In DFU modes, message shows 1601 error, and 1604 error for recovery mode.

Is it means that I have no way to jailbreak it? should it restore my iphone by just clicking restore button. n it will update my firmware to 3.1.2, n try to install custom 3.1.2 ??

• Jek said:

Ya, I've followed all the solution guide stated here. no use to my iphone.
    I unable to check the firmware version on myself, seller told me was 3.1 when i bought it.

Do you mean that they will update my baseband too if i restore my iphone by just clicking restore at itunes?

• Jek said:

Ya, I've followed all the solution guide stated here. no use to my iphone.

• Jek said:

Yes, everytime shows the same error

• Kiran said:

Try downloading 3.0.1 ipsw from Apple (look for link in downloads section) and then try restore to it directly. It has 4.26 baseband. Lets see if it works.

• Jek said:

I tried to restore with 3.0.1 ipsw from apple in both DFU n restore mode. now shows error 1015. checked apply website, normally appear when try to downgrade.

any other way?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Thats a good error! Restore to the same firmware again and let me know.

• Jek said:

you meant restore with 3.0.1 ipsw from apple right? i tried twice. same error coming out

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Ok, now try the custom firmware in restore mode.

• Jek said:

Hi, i was unable to restore with the way u gave.

And i think I'm the lucky one. I had a iphone and I've cancelled the line n sold it.
    I was suddenly think that maybe I can activate my iphone will old sim card, and it did. and itunes able to restore firmware with my backup data in my pc. i made to jailbreak by using the same way. And now im working on unlocking it.

Thank a lot dude, hope you have a good business on ebay.

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Awesome! Glad you worked it out your way! Good job!

• Jek said:

Thanks with your help too.

I have any question, I just found out that my version is 3.0.1 and modem firmware was 05.11.07. is it means that I can't unlock my iphone? all i can do is just wait?

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

Yep, no unlock for now :( But you can try 3.1.2 with jailbreak if you want. If you are tethering, just remain on 3.0.1…

• illogicthoughtz said:

Hey, I was wondering if you can help me with something.

I have DLed the Pwnage tool 3.1.4 and the custom 3.1.2 firmware. When i start the Tool, the firmware is not found by Pwnage. When i click to look for it manually…it tells me that "wrong bundle."

I have also tried the custom 3.1.2 firmware and pressing Opt./restore on my Mac. At the end it told me there was an error (16xx, i believe) and my iphone 3g stated on a black screen afterwards. Suggestions please!!!

• Paki said:

u cant unlock or downgrade ur baseband.. unless u have the bootloader 5.08 or less.. use fuzzyband (in cydia) it help u know what is ur bootloader….

• scotchtape20 said:

HOLY CRAP it took me alot of time to get this working… here's what i did to make it work on my iPhone 3G (i got the error 1600 then 1601):

– Deleted the recovery file found in C:/*UsersName*/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/Device Support BUT i did not copy my custom firmware in there… left it empty

– Turned iPhone off

– Entered DFU mode… and in the part where you need to hold ONLY the home button, i hold it until the screen became WHITE (i dont know if its necessary, but it worked for me)

– It automatically opened up iTunes (which it NEVER did before) and i SHIFT+Restored it with the custom firmware

DONE! (takes time before the progress bar on the iPhone moves, but it will trust me)

Yay! Kudos!!

• nboskovic said:

Hi,
    I have iPhone 3G 16GB unlocked originally (factory SIM free by default) with 3.1.2 firmware on it. Can someone post somewhere custom firmware from this version of sofware with adequate bootloaders that I can jailbreak my iPhone. All custom ipsw's are with old bootloaders so I have error when I try to restore with them. I tried blackra1n w/o success hang on on running screen.

Thx.

• Nova said:

I have an iphone 3G 16GB and I had updated it to 3.1 throught itunes.
    So,can I jailbreak & unlock the phone by following the steps that you mentioned?

• Jimmy said:

Hey guys,

I strongly suggest idea given by user name "IPHONECRAZEE" above for Vista / XP. It really work and I really appreciate for all guidance and help provided.

Thanks again IPHONECRAZEE, you are rocked. have a good one.

Furthermore, I did manage to restore back custom iphone firmware 3.1.2 for my iphone 2G.

Try our your luck. its damn working!!!

• jailbreak fr said:

[…] […]

• benjamin said:

this worked for me!!! thanks!

• valter said:

Yeah! Finally! I've been trying the most on 3 different computers, and this made it work (on vista). Thank You!

Welcome!

• Lawend said:

when i got it like that i just fixed it with blackra1n and tried this again

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

I would suggest you restore to Apple's stock firmware (3.1.2) and then use this firmware in Restore mode since you have an iPhone 2G!

• Buzz said:

You lucky.. I tried it aswell, with XP, on my 2g. But negative result.. When you put it in restore mode, do you use the custom restore file (with holding shift etc) or do you do the official restore from itunes? I have Vodafone as carrier (holland), I bought my phone in England. I keep getting error 1600… Help!!!!

• iLikeMyiPhone said:

You do the custom restore, not the official restore!

Since you have a 2G iPhone, why not restore officially to 3.1.2 and then use blackra1n?

• justin said:

this is the method that worked. i believe that the phone needs to be on when you do this. ttcxu2000 method worked for me!

• heribert said:

Pls help..
    My iphone 2G 3.0 to 3.1.2 ( blackra1n )- it works
    I was restore my iphone in itunes 9.0 and it was un-jailbroken. on the iphone screen only usb cable arrow pointing to itunes shows. trying to jailbreak again in blackra1n but it doesnt work anymore.. what to do now?. pls help. after restore in itunes how can i bring back my iphone 2G 3.1.2 version… Is there any jailbreak tool available for this?.. tnx

• Jeff said:

I have 2G with 1.1.3. unlock and JB with T-mobile. Got the 1600 then 1601 when I deleted the x12220000_5_Recovery file found in Device Support (Vista, used search function to search for AppData then you'll find RoamingApple ComputeriTunesDevice Support). My phone was in DFU mode, couldn't get it to do anything, I then copy the 3.1.2 custom firmware to iTunes Device Support folder, then renamed it to the x12220000_5_Recovery file. Click on restore in iTunes, took about 10 min. and it works except it's locked. I then used the Shift+Restore method to select downloaded 3.1.2 firmware and I unpluged the usb while it's rebooting, then the BootNeuter2.1 Flashing Basband screen came up, took couple min for 3.9 and 4.6 to be loaded. Then it rebooted itself. Done and working. Thanks to ilikemyiphone.com.

Awesome :) You rock!

• human said:

ok i have done everything but i cant find tha apple computer folder.. and apllication Data…i have checked every where

• Sweet0nMac said:

i have tried to delete the ipod software update files i have tryed renaming the custom ipsw to the name of the original ipsw, i have tried 2 different mac computers, have reinstalled itunes even restored to itunes 9.0 i tryed DFU and Restore mode both giving me the same result. It was working before because i have successfully installed jailbroken firmware 3.1.2 before it just won’t do it again, i don’t know what else to try. The only thing i managed to do was to change my 1604 error to a 1600 error by updating to the latest pwnage tool

Any Help Would be much appreciated.

I have a 2G ipod touch and i am a mac user

• Felipe said:

This worked for me! Tried all the rest and none had. Thanks mate :)

Anytime buddy, anytime!

• Hifa said:

Is that working with iPhone 3gs 3.1.3?? I have tried to restore custom file 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 cooked with snOwbreeze, but when I restored it always give me an error 1604.. I know there is a tool iREB to bypass this error but it doesn't work with 3gs. Pls help me outta this hell.. Thanks

• kgp180 said:

previous resn0w 9.3 JB on XP pro 3.1.2 -5.11baseband newtype BL with iphone att contract—-ran perfect—-was removing uneeded .lprog language files and must have removed a wrong one and fragged the phone- cant use redsn0w anymore wont load. hold power button only shows apple logo-then goes to recovery screen,'not' updated with apple new 3.1.3

used your non-activated 3.1.2 custon ipsw and have read any and all 1600 error posts/comments over and over…..

DFU (confirmed popup/black screen)-error 1600….. follow 1600 error post to a tee & xtra mile-turn off phone/unistall itunes/delete left over itunes & apple files/registry clean/reboot computr /reinstall itunes-error 1600……….this time just off phone/restart puter/-DFU mode/error 1600….again off phone/ reboot puter/DFU mode install/1600 error…………………..This Time ..off phone/reboot and try 'recover mode' instead/error 1604

plz help! what am i doin wrong

• kgp180 said:

sorry, 3gs used your 3gs non-activated fw

• kgp180 said:

forgot– 3gs and used 3gs non-activated ipsw for last 2 entries above

• Kiran said:

If you have SHSH files stored on Cydia, then I can suggest you something cos' 3GS is a pain if something goes wrong…

• kgp180 said:

-Kiran, I dont have the shsh files, JB my phone just a week after apple stopped signing. :(

When i looked for answers to fix and ran across the custom files I thought installing them was a clean slate os for the iphone?

-also I look at the 'iphone updater' logs when it fails-all DFU mode say the same thing

"2010-03-14 03:41:55.875 iTunes.exe[3244:c78]: WinDFU::ResetDevice: resetting…
    2010-03-14 03:42:15.906 iTunes.exe[3244:c78]: WinDFU::FinalizeDfuUpdate: success
    2010-03-14 03:42:15.906 iTunes.exe[3244:c78]: <DFU Device 024CB428>: DFU succeeded
    then more log ending with……………………………………
    2010-03-14 03:42:16.484 iTunes.exe[3244:9d4]: iTunes: SCEP 3
    2010-03-14 03:42:21.406 iTunes.exe[3244:9d4]: iTunes: Restore error 1600"

With recovery mode,

"2010-03-14 04:53:35.515 iTunes.exe[2860:52c]: <Recovery Mode Device 02492328>: Recovery mode succeeded
    2010-03-14 04:58:45.296 iTunes.exe[2860:b48]: iTunes: Restore error 1604"

. Phone has been a brck for 5 days and I defintely dont want to update w/ apple 313. if there is any way at all Kiran Im willing to try over an over to get it going and 'compensate' for time w/ donation to paypal. no thought about it….. plz let me know what your thoughts are and if there is a way to work thru this?

• kgp180 said:

Kiran, if you needed,plz email me at kgp180@yahoo.com

• Kiran said:

I have no suggestion but to wait for an exploit to be found/exploited which may be very soon (next 30 days I guess)..

• kgp180 said:

sweet…
    1. So just wait patiently at my current 3.1.2 – 5.11 w/ newer style boot rom??

2. redsn0w-pwnage-other? (asking cause of being on winXP)

3. Even though we wasnt able to find a solution-I would like to donate at least a little beanage for trying-paypal account?

• kgp180 said:

Kiran, Know of any place that has all the 3.1.2 files where I can simply transfer from file on my pc to the phone? I was meesin around looking for answers and left the phone connected to a usb port. The phone vibated twice and goes in and out of connection every 5 minutes when I leave it plugged into usb,… vibrates twice then connects/disconnects.

I can also use iphone explorer or iphone browser and see that all the original files are intact prior to me removing a wrong boot up file. Know of any 3.1.2 files I can get to try and insert with iphone explorer or the specific file/folder I messed up…?

• kgp180 said:

do i just give up hope or try something else?

• Kiran said:

Did you join the files? What is the joined file size?

• owlpassion said:

Hi, I have Iphone 2G and tried as mentioned but it give error – The Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored because the file is not compitable –
    please help.
    Thanks

• owlpassion said:

please help.
    Thanks

• owlpassion said:

yes i did..my file size is 153,600 kb.. i also tried by copy and rename it to "device support" folder.
    as Jack suggested on his post.

• owlpassion said:

oh..and I noticed that new joined file size is same as .001 size..I tried again but new joined file has same file size 153,600kb

• Quinn said:

Thanks!! That did the trick!! I kept getting the 1600 Error message but this did it!

• otosan said:

heyy, u'r rock!!! u save my phone.. =D

• kkiran said:

I am glad it worked for ya!

• Fabio said:

Hello,

I have this same error with a 4.0 OS. I already try anything for this posts, but at least nothing happens. My Iphone is a 3GS with a custom firmware unlocked with a snowbreeze. The phone was working fine and freeze when i have installed the winterboard. Now, nothing works and the iphone remains in initial screen (freezing apple!).

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Fabio.

• kkiran said:

sn0wbreeze and 4.0 custom firmware?

Does your 3GS have old bootrom? I am posting the custom firmware now, give it a shot, it won't hurt…

• YAsh said:

hey!! . . i’ve got a 3GS with iOs 4 . . n is on emergency calls mode ! . . i cant activate the phone cauz i dont use at&t . . i tried to downgrade te firmware as well as restore a hacktivated version of iOs but while restoring 16xx error pops up . . what should i do??

• kiran said:

Was your 3GS ever jailbroken? Did you ever use Cydia on firmware 3.1.x? Did you store SHSH blobs? If yes to any of those – then we can activate/jailbreak using custom i)S 4 firmware.

If not, we will have to wait for now or you may find someone with AT&T contract to activate…

• Justin said:

Thanx man! after five hours of search, this is the only solution that worked for me! thanx alot!

• Tommy W. said:

Awesome.
    MAC Trick for error 1600 after 2G custom 3.1.3 upgrade failure:
    * Forget DFU.
    * Hold down HOME button & plug into USB port.
    * OPTION key + clicking RESTORE button.
    * Locate custom 3.1.3 firmware.
    And your custom pwnage firmware will begin restoring.

THANKS.

• Kiran said:

I wish it always worked using this trick!

• ScotchTape said:

OMG!!! It's WORK!!!
    Thx a lot ^^''

• Fernando said:

Hey can eny one help me itunes says that the firmware is not compatible with the ipod send me a instroctional e-mail to urdoomed100@hotmail.com please it wont work and all im trying to do is downgrade from version 4.2.1 to 3.1.2 please help!

• Frank said:

for those who are having issues with Error 1600, 1604 or 200.
    please see this guide instead http://frankleng.me/2010/12/07/downgrade-ios-4-2-

• your mom said:

this is all bullshit just fucking use greenpois0n dumbasses

• Lumn8tion said:

Tommy, This was THE answer for me! Thank you!

• merman said:

it worked! Thx!!

• takım çeliği said:

tenkü

• Angga said:

AWESOME !!! Thanks so much !!! it works like charm !!!

• deyut said:

thanks man, you made my day :)) now I`ll restore my iphone succesfull and I`ll get signal yeaa!!

• @fannar said:

Doesn't work for me. Always get the 1600 error.

• toothpaste fart said:

I cant get greenpoison to work either tho :/

• abbeyrosethompson said:

Fabio. Lol.

• 2meu said:

Thanks….this worked, but you missing two steps. in a mac, make sure to delete the info in the carrier support as well as clearing/deleting the info in software update. after those two are clear, make sure to restore the computer/mac and then build the ipsw

• Mahendra Soni said:

Wow, your second method worked for me like a treat. I just deleted Device Support File from "C:Documents and SettingsMeenuApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesDevice Support" and it click Restore in iTunes and it started in one go :)

• Silv26 said:

Thnx a lot it worked

• xeni said:

I installed Iphone 3G with fimware 3.1.3 with juilbrake without problem , who like to know more contact me xeni_40@hotmail.com i will help ,,,byeee

• @ganarce said:

Boy oh boy ! thanks a lot for this tip. There is no other way to get the Iphone 2G restore to work otherwise

• 2wice said:

After 3 hours i finally got it to work! thanks!! BTW i did have to go into pwned DFU mode

• none said:

thanks man. u rock

• zishan said:

simple just
    connect your iphone to your computer and press the dfu mode button configuration and it will start up.release all the buttons……after some time 6 seconds..just then again keep holding the home button until you see itunes connect logo.and then restore in that mode

• Adam said:

Second method worked like a charm!! … I had tried everything and had almost given up, thanks from http://www.UpWebHosting.com !!!

• Troy said:

Used this method to move an iPhone 4 running on 4.2.1 to 5.0.1 while preserving the baseband with a custom .ipsw. I run Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I kept getting an error that said "this device is not eligible for the build" and found information here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/12/28/device-no… that helped me solve that problem. I had to go about the hard way and edit the host file rather than use tiny unmbrella as they suggest first. I went in and deleted the file found in ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support and my custom restore went through without a hitch. Sure wish I had found this two days ago.

• Etude said:

I don't have any of those directories mention in method 2 on either Windows 7 or Lion. What gives? I've tried this as well as other methods (Tinyumbrella, holding down Home and plugging in, moving the "C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAppleApple Application Support" directory, etc) and nothing seems to work. I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 and 03.10.01 Baseband. I've looked everywhere I can and there doesn't seem to be an answer that works for me. There has to be a way or at least an explanation why it doesn't work.

• pepe said:

I can't find device support

• jjj said:

same here … help!!!

• Hans Marius said:

Thank you SO much! THe first trick helped me when experiencing various 1600/1601 errors during flashing. Thank you!

• Mastropaolo said:

thanks man !!

• 3g User said:

Ty man. Im trying to restore the IPSW like 3 hours -.-
    Finaly got it. U rock.

• rosejames said:

Hello!
    The iTunes errors may appear to any iPhone, iPod or iPad users due to various internal or external reasons. If you are unable to access your iPhone data after iTunes error then you can try iPhone data recovery tool that works very efficiently to recover iPhone data even from the iTunes backup.
    Find here more: http://www.datarescueiphone.com/fix-iPhone-itunes

• Alan said:

Great Method !

damage repair

Solution : Error 1600 while trying to Restore to Custome iPhone firmware for 2G / 3G iPhone Jailbreak | iLikeMyiPhone