Snapture: Capture the World
An awesome new application called Snapture has been released by a team of developers. Snapture is a full function, easy to use, free camera application that allows you to take great photos on your iPhone, plain and simple. It provides all the advanced features of the first advanced CameraPro.app from Makayama which was for a price tag of USD 30 (very expensive) but the best feature of the application is you do not need to buy it. Yes you heard it right, you can use all the advanced features of this application for free. The authors of Snapture are: Bowei Gai, Jeffrey Kuo, Ajay Panagariya, Prameet Shah, and Samir Shah. Special thanks also goes out to Philip Cuadra (software dev) and Ananth Panagariya (designer). It has the following wonderful features:
Price: FREE! Snapture is 100%, absolutely FREE. We love making great software and we hope that you’ll support us through donations. Please help us fund future projects. We’ve got some great ideas to taking iPhone photography to the next level, but we really need your help.
To read about the other features and see the screenshots of the application in action, read the rest of the story…
- Easy Self Photo: One of the most annoying aspects of the iPhone’s Camera app is the fact that you have to tap a tiny button in order to snap a photo. This makes it extremely difficult to try and take a photo of yourself. With Snapture, taking ‘Self’ photos is easy! Simply tap anywhere on the iPhone screen or use the volume button to take a photo.
- Digital Zoom: With Snapture, you don’t have to worry about stepping forward or backwards to get the perfect shot. Our 3x max digital zoom slider helps you frame exactly what you want in your shots.
- Burst Mode: Taking photos with a camera phone is inherently difficult because you really need a steady hand. With Snapture’s fast and slow burst modes, you can capture three frames in a row to make sure you get that perfect shot.
- Multiple Image Sizes: Snapture lets you take photos in three different sizes: Large (1600×1200), Medium (1280×960) and Small (960×720).
- Color Modes: With Snapture you can take photos in either Full Color or Grayscale color modes.
- Timer: Turn-on the timer to delay photo taking by 5 seconds. Just enough time to join in on group shots.
- Toggle Auto Rotation: The basic iPhone Camera app will not let you take a photo upside down. Photos are rotated automatically even if you’re an advanced user trying to take a creative shot. With Snapture you can turn Auto Rotation off should you desire.
- Silent Mode: Take photos without disturbing anyone by turning off audible feedback.
- Use Leveler: The use leveler provides a visual aid for taking photos at different angles.
The application is available from Big Boss’s Repo (Community Sources 3.7-1)
Contact the developers for any bug or suggestion at email@example.com
More Information at Developers’ Page.
Donation Link for this application
PLEASE DONATE TO THE DEVELOPERS IF YOU LIKE THE APPLICATION.