Push Gmail now a reality – Save much needed battery on iPhone!
Ever wondered if you can be alerted for that important Gmail message, much like an SMS? I have fully tested this option and it works amazingly great! Yeah, you can now turn off the automatically check after every 15/30/… minutes thereby saving you enormous battery on the power hungry yet efficient iPhone!
Thanks to MobileMe, despite the seemingly crazy me.com domain, push services offered strive to offer enhanced productivity; not to mention the backup service, web hosting and a string of other cool new features! If you are not up for spending $99 valuable bucks, why not try sharing this service? With expandable storage, you can easily get this service for a great deal.
Ok, now the technicalities involved in setting Gmail to push email : We are essentially pushing Gmail onto Me.com server in realtime to deliver that SMS like effect for your Gmail messages!
- Login to Gmail and click on Settings (Top Right Corner)
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Select Forward a copy of incoming mail to and input your Me.com ID
- Make sure you select archive Gmail’s copy to avoid redundant copies and confusion!
- Don’t forget to save changes (at the end of the form) and play with filters to forward certain mail to be pushed (SMS!). Easy ain’t it?!