Home » 3.0, 3G, activate, Activation, Custom Firmware, Cydia, DFU, iPhone 3.0, iPhone 3G, itunes, jailbreak

Download Custom iPhone 3G 3.0 Firmware ipsw Files to Activate, Jailbreak, Unlock iPhone 3G 3.0

20 June 2009 117 Comments

UPDATE : A new version of custom firmware 3.1 for iPhone 2G/3G/3GS is now available here!

Free your iPhone 3G 3.0 from Apple’s chain by jailbreaking your iPhone which provides you with various customization features and even unlock feature which Apple and your official carrier hate! There are various options available to achieve this level of customization on your iPhone such as download firmware files, bootloader files, jailbreak/unlock tools such as Redsn0w/Pwnage or QuickPwn.

iPhone 3.0 Jailbreak Unlock

If you are not the one to download all the various files and just want the ultimate result, these files are waiting for you to download! If you rather want to start from scratch, this guide is for you.

• Caution #1 : Please proceed further only if you have an iPhone 3G. For all other devices, there is an other post in the works.
  • Caution #2 : Ultrasn0w (iPhone unlock s/w) is yet to be released (soon). If you are looking for iPhone 3G unlock, please hold off for a day or two. Proceed only if you have no carrier signal at the moment and want to activate and jailbreak your iPhone 3G. You may also proceed if you signed an official iPhone contract and need jalbreak stuff! Ultrasn0w is now released!
  • Caution #3 : A restore is going to wipe the iPhone clean. Hence, please make a backup of all the info using iTunes and then proceed.

Step 1) Download Files (Please read the following carefully)

OR

Step 2) Join the downloaded files

• The files downloaded above have an extension .001 and .002. They need a special opensource (free) software HJSplit to join.
  • Download HJSplit to join both the files – Link for Windows Computers here and Macs here.

Step 3) Restore the firmware in iTunes  8.2

• You should now have the respective firmware file with an extension .ipsw . Please follow the steps in order.
  • Launch iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac / Windows computer.
  • If you are aware of DFU mode, proceed further. If not, watch this quick video and pay close attention to the steps to achieve DFU mode.
  • Turn your iPhone off. Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
  • After exactly 10 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the Home button until iTunes pops up a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • The iPhone will show you a blank screen (black).
  • Click on ‘Ok’ to the prompt displayed and hold Option key on your Mac and then hit Restore button. For Windows, hold the shift key and then hit the restore button. In the dialog box that pops up, browse the downloaded custom firmware file.

Step 4)  Give it few minutes to perform the restore. Once the iPhone is up and running, proceed for software Unlock using Cydia. Follow this guide to install Ultrasn0w to software unlock your iPhone 3G.

You are now good to go! Please post a comment if you are stuck at any of the steps described above.

• John said:

Thanks again for your posts, just a quick question. I have an iPhone 3G that I modded using your tutorial http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/2009/01/31/iphone-3g
    I used the unactivated firmware and it worked like a charm.

My question is, that your steps here slightly differ from your last one. First off, you don't mention inserting the iphone into DFU mode previously, but here you have to. Secondly, if I use this firmware to upgrade, will I lose my settings and files? In which case, should I backup my iphone just in case (always a good idea)..? Also in step 4 you put "download ultrasn0w", I assume you wrote that in anticipation for when it is released.

Thanks

• kkiran (author) said:

Please perform a backup in iTunes first. Always!!!

This will flash your iPhone fresh, I should update the article…

It is suggested to use DFU, you may try directly if your iPhone is already jailbroken!

Yeah, ultrasnow will be released soon, in the next day I believe…

Sent from my iPhone

• naeco said:

You're the man Kkiran! The Dev-team hasn't release Quickpwn for PC yet, so your custom Firmware update files come just in time. I knew you would have written this article by the time I see the update on the Dev-team's blog. :D

Thanks a lot ! :)

• kkiran (author) said:

Welcome! They released Redsn0w project for jailbreaking/unlocking on your own but I figured these custom ipsw files will save some valuable time! Enjoy your iPhone now!

• Redsn0w is the new QuickPwn – Activate,Jailbreak,Unlock iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch Firmware 3.0 [Windows and Mac] | iLikeMyiPhone said:

[...] you don’t want to go through the following steps and you just want the real deal, follow this guide rather wherein you can download the custom firmware file which should do the job for [...]

• VeNoM said:

Hi, just want to confirm if this Custom Firmware will also update the baseband to make it the newer which is on the Iphone Os 3.0???

I have already upgraded Via Itunes to OS 3.0 and wanted to know if it will cause trouble if i try to restore this custom firmware 3.0 over the Original one.

I also want to jump to another carrier untill now was waiting for the release of the Jail break for Iphone OS 3.0.

• kkiran (author) said:

Hello! Yes it will update the baseband and since you are already on iPhone OS 3.0, this should work just fine. You will have to wait for ultrasn0w which is due to be released soon. (Assuming you are using iPhone 3G).

Just restore to this firmware as detailed and you should be all set!

• VeNoM said:

ok thanks. Yeah iam using 3G iphone!!!

• Liz said:

ok- I'm having troubles.
    I have a sealed unactivated 3g I just bought, and I am trying to get into it. It's not activated at the moment.
    I can't get past the "connect to iTunes emergency call" screen- to get in and use cydia to get all this to work.
    I got this custom firmware installed by going to recovery mode and installing it through iTunes.
    I also couldn't get redsn0w to work.
    so…what do I do next?

• ali said:

file is the work ??? my iphone is lock
    can unlock my phone ? ( iphone 3g fw3 )

• kkiran (author) said:

Yes it should work but holdoff till Ultrasn0w is released which is due soon such that you can unlock….

• Kiran (author) said:

Well, did you follow the guide exactly? I guess you didn't put your iPhone in DFU mode? (watch the youtube video link towards the end of the post)..

• andy said:

not working to restore, in iTunes it saying that the firmware file is corrupt, after I join the downloaded files (windows xp)

• kkiran (author) said:

Did you perform the DFU steps exactly as mentioned? Did you follow the guide step by step?

• andy said:

yes, all of that, Is not the fist time I restore my firmware… don't know what to do now…. do you have a link with the customed firmware in one file ?

• kkiran (author) said:

I can't upload that big a file in one go, rapidshare won't let me do that. DFU mode is different than normal restore.

• andy said:

you can upload on sendspace.com, yes I know is different, right now I did the normal restore to 3.0 unjailbraked, and the phone is telling me to activate, because I don't have a orig sim, I will try now to restore again in DFU with the customed firmware, do you have a messenger live id? maibe you can help me please

• kkiran (author) said:

Rapidshare should be fast enough for downloading files. Please download them both and join them.
    DFU should totally work since it is tried and tested. Please post the comments here such that everyone can benefit.

• andy said:

oh, ok I will download them again, it's possibly tha I downloaded two different files, but one question…. does the "iPhone 3G 3.0 Custom Firmware Activated for Other Carriers" works for me if I have my phone not activated now ? I cant activate it :-(

• kkiran (author) said:

Activated for other carriers is for unofficial iPhone carriers. DFU mode is the trick… Join the right files in the same category…

• andy said:

ok, I will try again as soon I will download the files, the speed is verry slow here in romania for these upload sites , thx a lot for help!
    cheers

Good luck Andy :)

• andy said:

it's not working… error 1600 in DFU mode

• kkiran (author) said:

Error 1600 is a famous error message with varying solutions.

My best bet : Turn your iPhone off, restart your computer. Now, go through the whole DFU process and iTunes should recognize the iPhone in Restore mode with a prompt and iPhone should show a blank screen.

It might be annoying but it works!

• andy said:

I tried but it still saying the same error… I will try to downgrade to 2.2 + jailbreak and restore again with this custom firmware. Thx

• kkiran (author) said:

Sure. I am sorry to hear that it ain't working for you. A fresh stock firmware 2.2willhopefullymakethingsbetter.

• Brandon said:

it worked for me! i downloaded file from this site!

what i did:

turn off iphone. open 8.2 itune
    hold home while plug in usb to phone and comp.

hold untile cable..appear on iphone,. release… home
    hold down shift on keyboard(comp) while click restore

open custom file downloaded earlier from this site

wait….. you're done!

my phone is working….. no more 1600 error i hope this help. it woked for my 3 iphone 3 g.

thank you so much…..to kiran..for the info and links to download.. your the best!!

• kkiran (author) said:

I am glad it worked! Enjoy your iPhone :)

• Paul Francisco said:

i have updated and jailbreaked my iphone 3g 16 gig to firmware 3.0 using iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore my only problem is i dont have a carrier signal, i searched cydia and i cant find ultrasn0w any help dude?

• kkiran (author) said:

Ultrasn0w will be released soon. Hopefully in the next 3 days.

• Paul Francisco said:

oh you mean i have to wait for ultra snow to get out before i can have my carrier signal back

what exactly do u mean by here

Step 4) Give it few minutes to perform the restore. Once the iPhone is up and running, launch Cydia and search for Ultrasn0w. Install Ultrasn0w and you should get the carrier signal!

• kkiran (author) said:

I am so sorry, I will rephrase that sentence. I mentioned at the start of the article that Ultrasn0w (s/w unlock) is yet to be released. It is confirmed that it works, it is just going through the stability tests and will be released on Cydia.

• Paul Francisco said:

okay if only i know that i will have no carrier signal i still wont upgrade sad but anyways itunes detected that i have a 3.0 firmware and works fine so all im missing now is the ultra snow update then i will have my carrier signal back right?

• kkiran (author) said:

I promise you will have carrier signal soon! Will let you know as soon as Ultrasn0w is released for public.

• Paul Francisco said:

yeah dude what im just worried about is that im worried i cant use my iphone anymore coz it has no signal,

• Paul Francisco said:

i just want to ask if i jailbreaked my iphone correctly so im just gonna wait for ultrasnow

• kkiran (author) said:

Yep, you did Jailbreak perfectly! You must see Cydia icon too…

• Antonio Zuluaga said:

Hi Kkiran! one question… when i want restore my iphone 3g to 2.2.1 version, i download the firmware activated for iphone 3g without oficial contract of your page. This firmware update my iphone to the version 2.2.1 but not upgrade the baseband so i can still use the yelowsn0w with de baseband 02.28.00, so, this firmware 3.0 for no contract iphones upgrade or not the baseband? …. i need now this before upgrade my iphone 3g sorry mi english

• Antonio Zuluaga said:

ohh i forgot……….. tks a lot you website is amazing

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone

• kkiran (author) said:

Software unlock for this version is yet to be released…. Please hold off if you want to unlock…

Sent from my iPhone

• Antonio Zuluaga said:

tks man…. i will waiting for this release… by the way i know your web since i have the firts iphone 2g tks again…..

• kkiran (author) said:

Great! Thank you!! Keep visiting for the latest in the iPhone world!!

Sent from my iPhone

• liesaretrue said:

If its a new 3g, i don't think its been pwned. you need to pwned it then jailbreak it.

• kkiran (author) said:

Were you referring to 3G S? If so, it cannot be jailbroken yet.

A new 3G iPhone can be jailbroken though, you don't have to pwn it, just put the iPhone in DFU mode and the restore to the firmware found on this page…

• Paul Francisco said:

yeah i saw cydia my problem now is that ssh thing is not showing after i installl it maybe its not yet compatible with 3.0 yet

• kkiran (author) said:

It is compatible! Install OpenSSH and SBSettings from Cydia. In SBSettings you should see options to display SSH…

• Paul Francisco said:

ive jailbreadked my iphone 3g to 3.0 firmware can i revert back to 2.2.1 so i can use my iphone while waiting for the 3.0 ultrasnow?

• kkiran (author) said:

It is not recommended… Bootloader cannot be downgraded, best bet is to wait for ultrasn0w…

Sent from my iPhone

• Paul Francisco said:

well does devteam is sure bout releasing ultrasnow this week?

Yes they are!

Sent from my iPhone

• Paul Francisco said:

how many days to be exact?

• Jon said:

Hi, I have a 3G iPhone upgraded to OS3.0 using iTunes. I do not have an iPhone contract but want to use a different GSM provider in the UK. From all I have read I need to unlock my phone using ultrasn0w when it is released. I have tried using a friends MAC and the pwnagetool3.0 but it crashes everytime it tries to build the custom firmware file – rather than throwing the MAC through the closest window with fustration I decided to wait for ultrasn0w. My question is how come at the top of this article there is an option to download a custom firmware file for NON iphone contract people if it will not work unless the phone has been unlocked with ultrasn0w which is not out yet? Or will it allow my phone to work on another network if I restor to your custom firmware for non iphone contracts?

Thanks for your help – sorry for what may be a simple question but this is a new phone to me and I cocked it up by upgrading the firmware before an unlock was launched. Stupid error of mine!

Jon

• andy said:

I tried everithing to jailbreak the 3.0 firmware, but every time I upgrade it, it remains in "slide for emergency" step, after that I know I have to jailbreak it, but it's not working for me on windows xp, redsn0w remains at "waiting for restart", and the custom firmware from here sais the 1600 error in DFU mode, before that my phone was on 2.2 firmware with yellowsnow and bootloader downgrade to 5.8, I know that is not possible to restore the bootloader it back , becouse once updated to 3.0 it became at 5.9 (the original mode), right now I have restored back the soft at 2.2 but I can't use my sim enymore…

If there's someone who can help me please reply here or sent me a email on andi_nfs@yahoo.com
    thx

• ramsesobjio said:

i dont think itunes 8.2 lets you do the restore usign the custom firmware it allwasy ask to download it from internet.. if it doesnt work for you chek that you are doing it with itunes 8.2 and using redsn0w to jailbrake
    how do you make itunes 8.2 restore from a firmware donwloaded on your hard drive?

iphone 3g 3.0 jailbroken redsn0w, mac os 10.5.7 waitng for ultrasn0w

• kiramek said:

Sorry but I too am getting the 1600 error, even though I have followed the instructions precisely. And for those who don't know anything about DFU mode, watch that video linked above. It is MORE CORRECT that the text because the text doesn't tell you anything about holding down Shift (Windows) or Option (Mac) when you click the Restore button in iTunes. If you don't hold down that key when you click, iTunes will restore the iPhone to the stock condition, rather than use the "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw" file on your hard drive.

But again, I get the 1600 error. And I must say, my heart stopped when that happened because I thought my iPhone was dead. Thankfully, I pressed both buttons on the iPhone for 10s and then released them, and the iPhone rebooted just fine — proving that nothing had been written at all to the iPhone.

iPhone 3G 3.0 / OS 10.5.7

• kkiran (author) said:

When the iPhone is blank, that means that it entered the DFU mode successfully. I would suggest you to reboot your Mac, iPhone and try again.
    I will include that missing step, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

• Software Unlock your iPhone 3G using Ultrasn0w – Quick and Easy! [Screenshots incl.] | iLikeMyiPhone said:

[...] Pwnage Tool (Download the Custom Firmware 3.0 if you want to Jailbreak directly without messing with other tools) [...]

• sootbarn said:

I am having the same problem with 1600. I have followed step by step, rebooted everything. Tried it in a mac and pc. Restored again in itunes and started all over again. Are there any other possible solutions? Thank you so much

• kkiran (author) said:

Did you put it in DFU mode? Did you try restoring it to official 3.0 via iTunes directly? Try it and then you can try redsn0w…

• KIRAMEK said:

I rebooted my 2009 Intel iMac 3.06GHz more than once. Same situation. I then went home and tried it on my PPC Mac. Same situation. I then tried it on a PC. Same situation. In every case, I get the 1600 error.

And yes, I entered DFU mode successfully.

If you Google for the 1600 error, you will just be overwhelmed with all the reports of people who have the same problem as I do (and as sootbarn does). These are "common" problems, not sometime exclusive to just "a few people." Unfortunately, I am not able to Google up a simple solution, hence my posts here begging for help.

• kkiran (author) said:

This worked for someone sailing in the same boat as yours : \”Try to restore using the custom ispw in iTunes without being in DFU mode, this sometimes works. To kick theiPhoneout of DFU mode hold power and home for 20 seconds until it reboots.\”

• kkiran (author) said:

You may also try jailbreaking at 2.2.1 and then restoring custom 3.0 … Please let me know if anything works.

• Aamir said:

i have an iphone 3g.. jus how upgraded thru itunes (official one) .. but how do i jailbreak it now wit redsn0w…???

• Aamir said:

any way of jailbreaking witout the firmware … cos custom firmware arnt workin 4 any1!!!

• Aamir said:

error 1604 witout dfu mode!!..

• kkiran (author) said:

Did you try the redsn0w approach? Many users are experiencing 1600, 1604 error messages… A reboot of PC/MAC and your iPhone may help. Then put it in DFU mode and restore…

• Aamir said:

andy .. is ur previous problem solved…where u kept gettin error 1600..if its solved .. wat did u do??

• naeco said:

Hi kkiran,

Will there be custom fw with ultrasn0w already installed? That would be handy for those that do not have an official carrier.
    Keep up the good work man !

• kkiran (author) said:

Hi! I could try including Ultrasn0w in iPhone 3.0 Custom Firmware but it may be outdated soon. Cydia and Ultrasn0w will give us a fresh new unlock!

• Aamir said:

when i use redsn0w it says processing then says cannot recognise specifoed IPSW..so even after i put the custom firmware which is styll not working il hav another prob of makin redsn0w work..:@

• kkiran (author) said:

Well, it is actually either Custom Firmware or Redsn0w, not both since both are designed to do the same thing – Jailbreak iPhone 3G.

Restore to iPhone 3.0 directly in iTunes (not a custom firmware). And then try either custom firmware or Redsn0w…. Hope it works…

• chmuzammil said:

I have an iPhone 3G 8GB which is coming from UK and locked with carrier. I want unlock it and want to use in Pakistan. My iPhone OS version 2.2.1 (5H11) and Modem firmware 02.30.03. I also jailbreak with pwnage tool and installed the yellowsn0w but nothing done and now I install redsn0w still unable to unlock my iPhone. Please advice me what I can do now for this.
    If somebody can help me please reply here or sent email on muzammal@worldcall.net.pk
    Thanx.

• kkiran (author) said:

Hi! Please follow my iPhone 3G 3.0 unlock tutorial. It is a step by step guide.http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/2009/06/23/unlock-yo

• John said:

Thought I'd share my experience. I had a jailbroken 2.2.1, I didn't need to enter DFU mode, I just did the shift restore with the firmware you supplied and it worked like a charm (backing up my iphone beforehand). However after getting ultrasn0w I did have infrequent networks drops followed by messages saying "No sim card installed" then it would go away and find the network again. I narrowed it down to the fact I had SBSettings and BossPrefs installed, I removed those (from cydia) and has been working fine ever since. I guess those apps may need to be updated before I'll try them again. Hope this helps anybody else experiencing that issue.

• kkiran (author) said:

Thanks a lot for the tip John! Generally Jailbroken iPhones need not do the DFU restore step. But some people had weird 1600 error messages recently. Yeah with iPhone 3.0, I would recommend not to try a lot of Cydia apps. Cycorder, SBSettings, Winterboard work fine though.

• barry said:

hi im tryin to jailbreak my iphone 3g with redsn0w but the problem is my iphone is stoke at the rebootin,its just show me ' waiting for reboot" anybody can help me please?

• kkiran (author) said:

It should take few minutes for jailbreaking. If it continues to do that start off afresh by rebooting both your iPhone and mac/pc.

Sent from my iPhone

• chmuzammil said:

Dear thanx your reply I know this process but my question is custom firmware is best for me or offical from apple. If custom then please guide me this one is best
    "Download the following files ONLY if you have an Official iPhone contract with your cell carrier (ATT and others….)"
    OR
    Download the following files ONLY if you don’t have iPhone contract (T-Mobile and others…)
    Waiting your response
    Thanx

• liesaretrue said:

what is the root partition?

• Turbo said:

Will using the custom ipsw get push notification working as I understand the push notification will not work with ultrasnow unless u use valid carrier sim?

• Mah said:

Help.My iphone 3g unlocked by apple but no service signal is present.Also says waiting for activation.This might take a long time.Anybody ,help please

• kkiran (author) said:

Unlocked by Apple? Meaning? If officially unlocked, you don't have to unlock it again. No ultrasn0w is required.

Sent from my iPhone

• Ric. said:

Hey Guys,
    I got my iPhone 3G (2.2.1) in US and brought it to Brazil.
    From XP, I could sucessfully upgrade it to 3.0 (directly from iTunes 8.2) and jailbreak with redsn0w. Next step would be to connect to an wifi and thru Cydia unlock it. The problem is that there is NO way to get the network connected. It keeps saying "Unable to connect to the network". I googled the expression and tried many things suggested, but nothing really worked. Do you have any idea on how to move forward from here? Thanks!

• Kiran (author) said:

Looks like a wifi issue. Are you sure your wifi is shown on your iPhone while searching for available networks?you can try using cellular data if you have access to it…Sent from my iPhone

• dan said:

I tried to upgrade my 2g iphone to 3.0 from 2.2 using this, but after i restore, my iphone is stuck in recovery mode. Ive tried to restore many times, with the same results.I should also add then i use tmobile and need it unlocked. What should I do?

• dan said:

this is on vista 32 bit, i forgot to mention

• jessenag said:

error 1601??? any suggestions guy?

this happens when im restoring the custom firmware.

in regular restore mode i get error 1604??? any sugesstion. same problem as andy im stuck on emergency mode. :(((

my details

ipod 3g, firmware 3.0. windows vista

• Miraclemaxx said:

For anyone experiencing RedSn0w reboot problems, use version 0.7.2 rather than 0.8. I tried everything possible with 0.8 with joy but 0.7.2 worked straight away.

You will notice the Unlock checkbox is not present on 0.7.2 but it doesn't matter, just download Ultrasn0w in Cydia and this will unlock the Iphone.

• kkiran (author) said:

Well, it really depends on the kind of error in Redsn0w …

If it is Waiting for reboot, simply unplug the usb cable and plug it back in! It will work…

• Miraclemaxx said:

Tried that quite a few times, and on different PCs, and it didn't work for me.

• Kiran K. said:

Help! I followed the guide just like you instructed and on my mac it said firmware file is corrupt and an error # 1600
    Thanks in advance!

• kkiran (author) said:

Most likely, you didn't join the two parts for the firmware. You have to download them and join them as instructed and then use the custom firmware which ends with .ipsw. Is your 3G iPhone previously jailbroken?

• Kiran K. said:

I joined them with a different program called Split&Concat and then followed all the steps you wrote. And no, I have tried to jailbreak my iPhone 3G many times, but they have all failed

• kkiran (author) said:

What is the final file size and the extension of the resulting file? I can walk you through the process if you want. Trust me, it is easy and straightforward…

• MarvC said:

You're the man Kkiran! This was my first time doing anything this technical with my phone. I just followed what you said, I didn't have to go to "DFU" mode or anything, I just followed it the same way John did it. I have a 3G iphone with 2.2.1, with baseband 2.30, well now that's upgarded to a 3.0, LOL. Well anyway, thanks a bunch and you Are a Life Saver.

• Brian said:

i cant downgrade i get error 1604 plz let me know what to do im trying to get from 3.0.1 back to 3.0 please email me at punkrocker62107@yahoo.com thank you so much oh btw its a 3g

• iLikeMyiPhone (author) said:

May I know the reason you are trying to downgrade from 3.0.1? It is the safest stable firmware to date.

Sent from my iPhone

• lost in snow said:

Hello
    I have 3g os 2.1 on Tmobile, using a turbo sim. I'm having problems with losing connection etc and want to upgrade. Itunes does not recognise my sim, and I don't want to go to 3.1 yet anyway. Should I jailbreak using matching firmware (2.1) or can I somehow upgrade directly to 3.0/3.0.1? Assuming I can jailbreak it which is the best coloured sw0w to unlock it? I have access to xp and os 10.5.8
    Thanks

• iPhone 2G 3.1 Custom Firmware 7C144 § Code Retard said:

[...] Download Custom iPhone 3G 3.0 Firmware ipsw Files to Activate … [...]

• iPhone 2G 3.1 Custom Firmware 7C144 Windows § Code Retard said:

[...] Download Custom iPhone 3G 3.0 Firmware ipsw Files to Activate … [...]

• Lotfi baballou said:

Hi, I realy like your website, You did encourage me to jailbreak my iphone and unblok it.
    But I want to ask you a question before going into the process.

I've an iphone 3G, in frameware 2.2.1 (5H11) with modem 2.30.03 (in operator i've carrier 2.9) and will use windows to update it.
    I want to update it to os3.0 and i've to unblock it after that.
    should i proceed with the update? and use the activated framework to unblock my iphone?

Thanks for your help, cause I realy wanna jailbreak it as soon as possible.

• attnos said:

Hi, I try to restore my iphone with the custom fw 3.0 that i found here but i get the 1604 error.
    Im in greece and i can't activate the phone without at&t card. Any ideas pls?
    Thanks in advance

Iphone 3G 8G/ vista 64bit

• iLikeMyiPhone (author) said:

Hi! Why don't you try 3.1 firmware? Did you put your phone in DFU mode? That is what is causing the issue.

• sunil said:

hi,i am having iphone 2g model number isa1203 i restore my phone with out back up now my phone is not geting its orginal position it showing apple logo & itune usbcable logo and it was reboting and when i am updating it shows error 1611,1603 and iam using windows vista ple help me

• Kiran (author) said:

What firmware did you restore your iPhone to?

• jaz said:

does this work in june 2010 and it does not give errors like 1015

• kkiran (author) said:

Were you referring to 4th gen iPhone or iPhone 4.0? Stay tuned, I will update the articles by then…

• BlackE said:

hey i have an 2G on XP with fw3.0, and/or 3.1.3 (i downloaded both) and i am not as concerned about the jailbreak as the activation process ("hactivation"?) since we obtained this from a friend locked and without a sim. we just need to get past the "no SIM card installed" screen to actually access the springboard. please comment with any ideas.

• BlackE said:

Hold down OPTION while clicking restore- allows itunes to select a firmware from your hard drive

• Kiran (author) said:

If you have the custom firmware, it should activate it automatically (Activated Custom Firmware that is)…

• threecbuckingbulls said:

I have a iphone 3g but I cant get it to restore but the att stores can. It comes up with error code 2003 what does that mean. Someone help please.

• Mster said:

Hi, I have a 3G Iphone on 4.1.2. I have used redsn0w v 9 and installed cydia. I have installed Ultrasn0w. The device is an att with an orange att go phone card. All tasks appeared to have succeeded per all docs I could find, EXCEPT, the phone says no service, and in the settings under carrier, it says unable to unable to load carrier list. Occasionally the carrier list will load after a hard reboot, but even when att is selected, it still says no service. I have removed the sim card, and put it back in several times, confirming that it does work by putting it in another device.

Thoughts- does the Iphone require a blue sim specifically for it?
    Does it require data?
    Do I need another unlock tool for the most recent firmware for the 3g phone?

Any bold souls who can blurt out ideas are welcome……

M

• Kien said:

I have a IP 3g 8g . Before upgrade its ran good . I upgrading , when IP restart I see apple picture . I Could'n restore IP . Help , pls .

• youtube music downloader said:

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your
    blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Fantastic work!

• how to download a youtube video said:

I am extremely inspired together with your
    writing talents and also with the layout in your weblog.

Is this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself?

Either way stay up the excellent high quality writing, it’s rare to look a great weblog like this one these days..

• my fanpage said:

Excellent pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on your blog.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You’ve performed an excellent job.
    I’ll certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.