Software Unlock your iPhone 3G 3.0 using Ultrasn0w – Quick and Easy! [Screenshots incl.]
The Dev Team did it yet again! The cat and mouse game is on! All iPhone 3G owners (no matter what firmware you have) can now unlock their devices!
Lets get started with a step by step guide (It will be a short one this time around!)
1) Update your iPhone 3G to 3.0 . You have two options here :
- redsn0w (DIY Quick!)
- Pwnage Tool (Download the Custom Firmware 3.0 if you want to Jailbreak directly without messing with other tools)
2) Now that you performed the Jailbreak steps necessary in Step 1, all you have to do is pop in your SIM card(be it T-Mobile or any other GSM carrier).
- Turn WiFi ‘On’ on your iPhone 3G and connect to a Wireless Access point (WiFi). (Create an AdHoc WiFi Access point if there is no WiFi access)
- Disable 3G on your iPhone if you are on an unsupported frequency (T-Mobile). Other carriers, try disabling and then enable once unlocked!
- Launch Cydia on your iPhone 3G and download the necessary upgrades if prompted and hit ‘Restart Springboard’ when done.
- Tap on ‘Manage’ at the bottom and choose ‘Sources’. Now hit the Edit button at the top right corner and now hit the Add button.
- Enter repo666.ultrasn0w.com when prompted with ‘Enter Cydia/APT URL’ dialog and hit the ‘Add Source’ button.
- Once it refreshes, return to Cydia and hit the ‘Done’ button and tap the top most entry shown.
- Now tap Ultrasn0w -> choose the install button and Confirm. Now return to the main menu in Cydia.
- Restart your iPhone and boom, you should see your carrier signal!