Easiest & Fastest way to Unlock 1.0.2 iPhone (Mac and Windows)
As we are gearing towards a 1.1.1 hack release which the TIFF exploit in Safari achieved, why don’t we make life easy for the average joe in unlocking a virgin iPhone! We are talking about YouTube, installer.app, Unlock and a lot more in about 10 minutes!!
Tools required :
- INdependence (MAC)
- iBrickr (Windows)
- 1.0.2 ipsw file (f/w)
- 8/4 GB iPhone
- 10 mins of your time 🙂
- First, connect your iPhone to iTunes atleast once (don’t proceed to step 2 in iTunes ;)!
- Now quit iTunes and iTunesHelper processes and launch INdependence 1.2.1 a.
- Click on Activate iPhone and point to the extracted firmware location. (Change the extension from .ipsw to .zip and extract to Desktop).
- Give it few minutes and it should activate your iPhone. Now exit INdependence.
- Launch AppTapp installer and choose the firmware version (1.0.2 is suggested, if not refer to this article) and point towards the extracted firmware files (Desktop) when asked.
- Now you should see the installer.app on your iPhone. Click on it and install Community Resources followed by BSD SubSystem and OpenSSH(This step may be ignored)!
- Now, launch Mobile Safari on your iPhone and type http://iphone.blurgle.ca/repo in the address bar. If you see a file cannot be downloaded error, make sure installer.app (step 5) is installed. Open it and then go to Safari and type the above-mentioned URL.
- You should see anySIM app in your list of apps in installer.app Click on it to install it on the iPhone.
- Click on anySIM icon on the home screen and follow the instructions (make sure you set the sleep mode on iPhone to ‘Never’). Read the disclaimer and click ok. Now sit back and relax while your iPhone is unlocked, wait we didn’t SSH into your iPhone yet!! Well, we need not anymore!!
Hope you enjoyed your unlocking experience. Enjoy the apps even more!! Please donate to the iPhone Dev Team (every penny counts) 🙂
Update : Please refer to http://ilikemyiphone.com/wordpress/?p=115 for the updated Activation/Unlock guide for 1.1.1 firmware! No PC/Mac required!