Articles in the yellowsn0w Category
3.0, Baseband, unlock, yellowsn0w »
iPhone Dev-Team delivers again in style! All the basebands for iPhone 2G, 3G released till June ’09 are unlockable by software means, thanks to the super famous yellowsn0w. Pwnage tool and QuickPWN are being worked upon to be ready for the D-day! Please throw away the turbo sims and refrain from buying into their propaganda! The entire jailbreak community will be able to upgrade to the latest in Apple’s offering – the revolutionary iPhone 3.0 software which managed to sneak in the most awaited features – MMS, tethering, Copy/Paste and …
2.2.1, 3G, Cydia, firmware, iPhone 3G, Software Unlock, yellowsn0w »
Go ahead and follow this if you have a jailbroken iPhone 3G (Firmware below 2.2.1) and don’t want to mess around with the unlocking tools for 2.2.1 firmware.
Follow the following steps for both Windows and Mac Operating systems :
1) 2.2.1 Firmware from Apple iPhone 3G updates the baseband to 2.30 disabling the software unlock.
2) Make sure you have jailbroken your iPhone 3G Firmware below 2.2.1 using QuickPwn 2.2.
3) Now,if you have access to a Mac, feel free to download Pwnage 2.2.5 and build a custom firmware. Windows users might want …
3G, Cydia, Dev Team, iPhone 3G, iPhone Devs, jailbreak, QuickPwn, unlock, yellowsn0w »
For a change, I published 3 videos which definitely enables a total noob to unlock his/her iPhone without much difficulty. Latest Firmware via iTunes (2.2), QuickPwn (Jailbreak) and yellowsn0w via Cydia/installer (Unlock) hold the three key steps for a successful unlock.
Before proceeding further, make sure you are equipped with the following :
1) Strictly iPhone 3G Updated to 2.2 firmware via iTunes (2G iPhones have a different process – BootNeuter from Cydia).
2) Intel Mac (10.5.6 s/w update) or Windows machine. [Mac users, make sure DFU mode is enabled (10.5.6 s.w update …